Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's about that time to get some new rotors for racing,so my question is are the OEM rotors good enough cause i could get a cheaper pair off ebay or should i get some other brand name and spend some real money and if so which ones would you recommend for racing.

Cheers and thanks in advance

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
ever heard the sayin gyou get what you pay for?
i think brakes are too importanat to cut cost on, if i were you id use the oppourtunity to upgrrade to some wave rotors.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I have EBC pro lites and Love them.

·
19,904 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not trying to cut costs here, and i know you get what u pay for and i know how important brakes are, i was just asking weather or not OEM are good enough for racing, because if they are then i may be able to get them cheaper off ebay, but if not then what rotors should i go with, i just dont know what rotor would be the best.

·
19,904 Posts
ah, isss, well check the links i posted.
Maybe that will help you decide.
i love the way the galfer wave rotors look, but i cant help thinking the EBC or better yet, the brembos are better, since they also do car brakes i figure they know there stuff, and we all know brembo is the sh!t.

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
HONDA CBR1000RR / 600RR 2003-2004 310mm AXIS Design Full-Floater w/ Hard Anodized Carrier, 100% CNC billet machined construction in the USA. Cryogenically processed for maximum performance and thermal stability , Recommended pads: Ferodo FDB2079 (600rr), FDB2181 (1000rr),
Part #: BTH-31.0

www.braketech.com

i have and love these rotors

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
yeah, Tuna is BIG PIMPIN'

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
It's sad how over priced MC parts are sometimes. I bought new rotors and pads for my wife's Yukon the other day; the total came to approx $300.00.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just a reminder to check your rule book to see what is allowed in the classes you intend to run. Could be a factor. I run stock rotors with Veshra pads and like the feel.

·
Registered
799 Posts
BigTuna said:
HONDA CBR1000RR / 600RR 2003-2004 310mm AXIS Design Full-Floater w/ Hard Anodized Carrier, 100% CNC billet machined construction in the USA. Cryogenically processed for maximum performance and thermal stability , Recommended pads: Ferodo FDB2079 (600rr), FDB2181 (1000rr),
Part #: BTH-31.0

www.braketech.com

i have and love these rotors
Now I know why you lost a couple of seconds of your normal pace... your damn brakes are working too well. Grease those bitches up a little bit next time out, I'll bet you pick up that lost time ;)

Seriously though, I can only recommend AGAINST wave rotors, they're heavier than stock and I didn't feel they worked as well either. I don't know about Tuna's rotors, but if he likes 'em they might be worth a try if you can save a buck or two, if not OEMs are pretty damn good. I really wish someone would get the new ceramic / carbon rotors so I can hear how they perform. Only $1800 a set too! They are about 3 pounds lighter than stock per pair... that's a huge difference.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'd say stick with the stockers. Unless you're running times to compete in the type 5 of an AMA FX race.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hold up, wait a minute... doesn't brake tech make the ceramic carbon rotors? If so .... Tuna, you see me working here, right?

Uhhh, yeah Marchesini magnesium 3.25" X 16.5" on the 04 R1 in case you need the fitment :0>

Tell them to think of all the sales they'll make with all the exposure in Florida.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
fastbuck said:
Just a reminder to check your rule book to see what is allowed in the classes you intend to run. Could be a factor. I run stock rotors with Veshra pads and like the feel.
Ditto, if you're running a production class, you may not be able to change rotors. I sold my wave rotors and went back to stock for this very reason.

Yeah, the Vesrah pads rock!

If you're a new racer, like myself, save your money for tires... ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well that’s my next question, I’ve just done my race school at Jennings and what a track, absolutely loved it, so now I can start racing (yippee) anyway back to the point so what class can or should I run because i dont really know about what class i can be in or should be in and i dont really know what happens on race day also what organization should I go with WERA or CCS for the SE region, any recommendations would be appreciated because i dont really know what to do from here. So should I just stick with OEM Rotors then and spend the money on tires. Also just want to say it was the first time I actually got to ride the RR and oh yes I absolutely love the thing the bike just ROCKS plain and simple, had such a good day and cant wait to actually race the thing.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts