Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was riding doing 75 on the Expressway, when suddenly my bike starts fishtailing and almost lost control. It felt like my rear tire was spinning out of control. So I pulled over to the shoulder and realize that my rear tire including my exhaust was completely covered in motor oil. This is what I found. Apparently the oring in this sensor failed to do its job in retaining the oil pressure, which caused a mist of motor oil to come out. Spraying all over the under belly of my bike. I need to know what sensor this is.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
^^^^^^^^Yup
Drain your oil and remove the switch. Clean it up, including the mating surfaces. Apply a thin coat of HondaBond or equivalent silicone gasket to both surfaces. Hand tighten and let sit for an hour or two, then tighten to 9ft/lbs torque.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
^^^^^^^^Yup
Drain your oil and remove the switch. Clean it up, including the mating surfaces. Apply a thin coat of HondaBond or equivalent silicone gasket to both surfaces. Hand tighten and let sit for an hour or two, then tighten to 9ft/lbs torque.
lol had this happen before huh?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
lol had this happen before huh?
LOL, no, but I have read the how-to in about 3 different threads while searching for clutch cover how-tos, and other troubleshooting for oil leaks.
It's so simple I had it memorized :toothy:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I use Permatex Ultra Black.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the tips. I ended up using High Temperature RTV Gasket Silicon. It worked great. I should probably check again in a few days just to make sure its not leaking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts