What should I do w/these fairings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I've run into a debate with my brother.

I managed to score a set of rashed fairings from the Parklagar Honda team at the USA round of WSBK here in Utah.

I'm keeping the upper, he is keeping the lower as a souvenir.

I'm trying to figure out how I need to repair the upper piece to meld with my Attack track plastic lowers on my 2007.

He says that under no circumstances should I use them. They're authentic, and I should just clear coat the autographs (Eugene Laverty and Miquel Praia) and call it good. But...I don't have any room in my house to showcase the damn thing, so I'd rather sport them at the track, rashed damage and all.

So....I'm reaching out to you, my RR.net brethren to gather your opinion.

·
Registered
129 Posts
They are only worth as much as you think they are and if you wanna put them on the track i say do it,they are cool and all but to clutter up your house, is it worth it?

D

·
0 Posts
Just for the sake of Eugene Laverty signing them, I'd save up every last penny I have to genetically engineer the Keebler Elf's, fly them out to California, and hit you in the kneecaps with a big stick untl your legs fall off below the knee, if you paint over them and track it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I say clear it and hit the tracks ... Thats the only way to do justice to those who signed it..
If you trash them - then YOU sign it and put it on a wall somewhere

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
No way you track those especially with Laverty's sig on there! Mount it on to a wood plaque and mount in on the wall like a hunter does a stuffed animal head.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Okay, so I've run into a debate with my brother.

I managed to score a set of rashed fairings from the Parklagar Honda team at the USA round of WSBK here in Utah.

I'm keeping the upper, he is keeping the lower as a souvenir.

I'm trying to figure out how I need to repair the upper piece to meld with my Attack track plastic lowers on my 2007.

He says that under no circumstances should I use them. They're authentic, and I should just clear coat the autographs (Eugene Laverty and Miquel Praia) and call it good. But...I don't have any room in my house to showcase the damn thing, so I'd rather sport them at the track, rashed damage and all.

So....I'm reaching out to you, my RR.net brethren to gather your opinion.

You make room! Devote a room as a shrine. Or if the wife isn't down for that you hang them in your garage, lol

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No way I'd paint over them, I'd just put some clear coat over their sigs and then track the upper.

And..just in case you haven't seen them already in a different thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts