Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to eventually get another bike. I just moved into a new house that has extremly big garages..They were bus garages, and then built a house around them..there are 4 garages and they are about 1200 sq ft with 20ft or so ceilings.

Right now I have my 2004 M3 parked in the garage getting ready to order some parts to start a little project here, but now i am thinking about getting a sportbike or project bike to work on instead. What would you do? Get a cheap project bike to fix up and play with, or buy a new 600rr, or just keep with the original plan and put parts on the car. Its a tough call. All opinions are welcome.

Thanks.

Kyle[/img]

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Build a kit helicopter - Rotorway make a few I like.

Where did you manage to find such a thing. Tell me more about the building itself.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mod the M3, things are nice as hell already, just make it better. Get a 600RR and just pimp both. Get a polished aluminum trailer and go to the beaches towing your 600RR with your modded m3' with nice big wheels and what not. Later,Shawn300zTT

PS. More people would notice a pimped out car, than a pimped out bike. You'll probly end up driving the car more often anyways.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can someone please explain how to post pictures? I can show you pictures of both the house/garages and car so you get an idea of what i am working with. Thanks.

Kyle

btw--i dont think a helicopter is pratical in this area.. :bounce:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Step 1 - You have to upload your picture online somewhere. A good place is http://www.szentpaly.com/600rr/upload/updown.php

Step 2 - Once you have uploaded your picture, copy the URL of the picture. The URL is the "http://www.whateverwhatever.jpg" address.

Step 3 - Type (or paste) the url in the box and wrap it with the tags as shown in red:
[color=red][img] full url of the picture [/color]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok--got it..the garage is REALLLLLY dirty and not cleaned up yet..it is FILLLED with boxes from our move to the house..(we just moved in 6 days ago)...anyway..it is kinda dark and the pictures didnt come out that well..the garage is normally very well lit..it is very bright inside..here are a few more pictures.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Is that OEM custom blue leather for the M3 or did you get that done aftermarket?

I know porches and stuff can be ordered with any color leather you want, but I didn't know you could do that with the M series....

On an aside, has anyone seen the new M5's yet and when's the next iteration of the 3 series coming out and when's the new M3 coming?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That leather was custom from the BMW factory in germany. The exterior is laguna seca blue with matching laguna seca blue leather.

I've seen pictures of the new M5, and spy pics of the M3. The M5 looks pretty much like the new 5 series, but with dual exhaust, side grills, and a few other little things to set it apart..and of course a giant engine.

Anyway...anymore opinions on what i should do?

·
Registered
58 Posts
My humble opinion is to leave the M3 as is - you've already got a fantastic piece of machinery.

Also, if you want to play on something, I find motorcycles to be more rewarding because there's more you can do, and the results of your work tend to be more dramatic.

It's true that people will notice a modded car whereas they often never even see a motorcycle, let alone a modded one. If being seen is important to you, your answer is pretty clear.

edit - laguna seca blue is my favourite m3 colour - great choice!

ima

·
Registered
74 Posts
is it jsut you and your family in there or are you rooming with friends that is a nice place. are alone out there or do you havve neighbors? if youare alone hell dig up some of your land for a dirt track play with that a lil, and hell if you still get bored with your home renovations, your m3, and dirt riding, buy a rr, or an old beater and race it.

just my two cents. congrats dude

di roc

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Great Car man... Perhaps someday I could own one too. ;)
Now... here's what you should do.
Buy a new RR... this is just an awesome bike, i've never driven nothing like this (I've had a 600F4i and 600F3). Believe me... the 600rr is the bike to go for.
Then if you have some more money.... buy trashed 919RR... and build it to new... with mods. Ohlins forks... and rear suspension and so on.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nothing needs to be done to that car except a suspension job and a sound system.

And dude.....unless you are new to the bike game, don't even bother dumping cash on a six hun - go for the litre bike - no mods needed.

If you need someone to tell you how to spend your money.....get a girlfriend!! :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts