Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys!! I need some help here, i want to get a bike for my girlfriend, but i dont know wich bike should i get her because she is short, like 5,2, she says than she wants a cbr600rr like mine, but i dont know if its to big for her, i was thinking in a ninja250r because its smaller, but i dont know if she is gonna like it, WHAT SHOULD I DO???!! :icon_spid

·
Registered
904 Posts
Take her to the local bike shops and let her sit on the bikes until she finds one that she feels comfortable on. And I believe you can find the seat height on the Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Yamaha websites. You can always lower a bike, if needed, but not sure by how much.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Has she sat on your bike before? I'm 5'6" and if i was 4 inches shorter it would suck, but since you can lower bikes. But I agree, take her to your local shops, let her sit on bikes, and ask about lowering a 600 or something.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My ex is 5' 2" and rides an '08 600rr with a 2" lowering link. I had to slide her fork tubes up just a little bit and cut an inch or so out of her kickstand, then re-weld it, but nothing major. Lowering it made it handle a little strange to me, but that could have also been her really soft suepension. She is 110 pounds, I'm 170 so her preload was set a lot softer than mine.

If she doesn't have any riding experience, I wouldn't put her on a 600rr. Especially if she can barely touch on the bike. Marissa started off on a Ninja 250 and moved up to the 600rr... even then, she still had issues and laid it over a few times.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
isn't this the second thread you've started asking the same exact question?

·
Registered
452 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Start her out small. Most women don't realize how heavy our bikes are and how much strength you need to manuever them. Just sitting on my 600rr my girlfriend was having trouble holding it upright and she's about 5'6". Just my $.02

·
Registered
149 Posts
Your lucky that she wants to ride. My ex would never get near my bike if I was not around. The people that are saying start her out on a 250 are right. They are a good starter bike for small er people. Then later she can get the 600. Just my thoughs.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Take her to the local bike shops and let her sit on the bikes until she finds one that she feels comfortable on. And I believe you can find the seat height on the Honda/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Yamaha websites. You can always lower a bike, if needed, but not sure by how much.

Better yet, take her to the bike shop, push a 'Busa over onto her, tell her if she can lift it off of her, she can get any bike she wants.:toothy4: edit: I know, I'm a horrible bf, my girl would be crushed ---------------- Now playing: Tech N9ne - No Can Do (Ft. Big Krizz Kaliko) via FoxyTunes

·
Banned
286 Posts
Your lucky that she wants to ride. My ex would never get near my bike if I was not around. The people that are saying start her out on a 250 are right. They are a good starter bike for small er people. Then later she can get the 600. Just my thoughs.
100% X2

I live in Nor Cal and there are a few female riders in my town. I've talked to many of them, and if they're not riding a 250, they started on one (still very sexy)
If I put my wife on anything....it would be a 250 (5' 4") Not only that....much cheaper!

·
Registered
668 Posts
If she does not have any riding experience then get her the 250. If she has then the RR would be fine. I'm 5'3" and I have had my bike lowered the full 3 inches....I didn't care for it at all.

I had it raised and I love it! So now it's only lowered 1". No "sliding the forks" that would make the bike ride kinda weird plus the bike would "bottom out".

·
Registered
655 Posts
This has been a hot topic lately. You guys sure are nice to be buying all these bikes! Most recommended is the 250 (especially for an inexperienced female rider). Check out the Ninja 500 as well. I started out on that and thought it was a perfect starting bike (not so small got bored of it immediately but fast enough to keep me happy--in the beginning anyhow). The way the 250's have been redesigned though...I'd push for that!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I would suggest starting her out on a 250. then when she's ready for a 600 she can get it lowered. I am 5'4" and have my bike lowered 2". I didn't lower the front, just the rear and other than a bit of a stiffer ride, it still handles really well. i cut 1.5" out of the kickstand and it sits nice on the kickstand. lucky you have a woman that wants to ride herself, thats sweet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts