Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a high side sunday afternoon and my bike.. A 2005 cbr 600rr.. landed hard ( 50mph) or so on its right side frame slider and barrel rolled onto its left side. Fairings are a little scuffed and such as expected BUT the big issue is my motor sounds trashed!! not a single scratch on the motor and zero fluids leaked out but when you crank it there seems to be some sort of metal bouncing around inside making ALOT of noise. It is in a friends shop now being worked on.

He has taken everything he can off without removing the motor off the bike to try and see what is loose inside but nothing so far. I am having him pull the motor off and keep digging to hopfully see what the problem is and I am crossing my fingers that its fixable and cheaper than buying a used engine off ebay or wherever.

My problems come in a few different concerns.. 1- I am supposed to take it to ride of the century in st.louis in exactly one week from today, I am really looking forward to the trip but if I dont make it so be it.. 2- IF I have to buy another motor what can I expect to spend on one with 50 dollars per hour labor cost.. 3- what are my chances of salvaging this motor for cheaper than the cost of a used one to replace it?

D

·
0 Posts
Buying a new motor wont be such a bad idea. Not sure how long you ran the engine with something loose inside of it, but it might be a pricey repair because of that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
engine shut off on impact.. tip over sensor did its job. And it has not run a whole lot since.. when I realized the motor was JACKED up I shut it off and trailered it to the shop

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could have knocked your thottle bodies off, and you are hearing all valve noise...buddies kawaski did the same thing not that long ago...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts