Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 04 RR with 37k miles, owned by a mechanic before me, valves check at 30k passed. I had for about 3 months before I was involved in a low speed collision on my way to work. Somone pulled out in front of me, I slowed as much as I could but I hit them going about 8mph. I was planning on fixing the bike myself, but I have limited knowledge and I think I would like a VFR so as much as I loved it I want to sell my RR.

Battery is long dead but I'm sure it would jump, it cranked just fine after the crash, I limped it into my jobs parking lot. Front left rotor is bent and a case saving bolt popped through my left side fairing. Front headlight is scratched to hell now but still functional and my left mirror broke as it went down on the left side. Can't tell if the front forks have been bent, I'm gonna pull em off today and see. All in all I think this bike could be rebuilt quite easily, I just want to go a different way I want to take longer trips etc. I'm looking for some advice on what to set my price at. Thanks in advance!!

Pics from the day of the accident

Regards,
Robbie

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not sure about the prices in the US but I'd consider what it's worth as is vs what its worth fixed. Doesn't look like an expensive job so might be worth while fixing yourself and flogging it later

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you're in the "just want it gone" boat, you'll take a significant loss and have a much harder time finding a buyer. If you just fix it you'll get a lot more cash out of it, and it should sell much faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts