Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy my gf a Helment (Suomy) and it's kinda a surprise, what size do you think I should buy... Medium?

I have to check when I get home but I think she has a small Shoei now that she can wear but it is too small for her and is not comfortable after a while out.

Thanks.
Jason

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not just size, but whats her head shape? Maybe she has a round head and that shoei is a long oval?

For a generic helmet, I usually try to use small. That way, when the fat chicks want a ride, sorry, I can't. Its the law.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
You might be able to get the small and piece it together with smaller cheek pads or vis versa.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Kelvrick said:
Not just size, but whats her head shape? Maybe she has a round head and that shoei is a long oval?

For a generic helmet, I usually try to use small. That way, when the fat chicks want a ride, sorry, I can't. Its the law.

W3rd. LOL

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
just randomly measure her head. When she ask what your doin, tell her you plan on selling her brain on ebay.

·
Registered
445 Posts
souperman said:
just randomly measure her head. When she ask what your doin, tell her you plan on selling her brain on ebay.
that's awesome!

I wear a large suomy and a medium shoei. My girlfriend has a small TK-8. I would shoot for a small in the suomy. But i think you'll be taking a risk without her trying it on first.

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
My Girlfriend Wears A Z1r Helmet Its A Small

·
Registered
655 Posts
Just do what I did. I took her to the mall (that part sucks) and went into a hat store. Just started tring on hats and then you can find out the circum.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Tell her to try on your helmet while you take a pic of her, say it is for the forum, make something up I dunno. Then when she gets it on, punch her right in the side of the helmet....if it moves....ITS TOO BIG!

Then if she gets mad and leaves you for punching her, you don't have to shell out the cash for a helmet!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I say go for a medium if you can replace cheek pads, etc. That way your covered. Also like the others said have her put on your helmet or one of your hats and you should be able to get a good idea. And if nothing else just buy it from somewhere that will let you swap it for a different size if needed.

K

·
0 Posts
this is such a bad idea. Buying a helmet based on a GUESS of head size just isn't safe. that's what i did, and i SOOOOOOO regret it. now that i KNOW what size i needed, i am 1000 fold happier and feel much safer. don't guess. mesure. i like the "I'm going to sell your brain on eBay" taping method/explanation. good stuff there!

·
Registered
393 Posts
101stABN said:
Tell her to try on your helmet while you take a pic of her, say it is for the forum, make something up I dunno. Then when she gets it on, punch her right in the side of the helmet....if it moves....ITS TOO BIG!

Then if she gets mad and leaves you for punching her, you don't have to shell out the cash for a helmet!!!!

Yup thats the way to do it properly..... just to trying to replicate the impact of a slow crash? LOL

·
Registered
561 Posts
My GF is a small also, Ive bought her like 3 helmets in the past 2 years or so.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It depends if she gives good helmet? (Spaceballs) j/k No really, it depends on the shape of her head. I wear a size medium, yet my lady wears a large. I am a white guy with a narrow head of some sorts, she is a Chinese/Cambodian girl....get the picture? It's one of those answers that depends on size dude!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
101stABN said:

LOL! im gonna try that!

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Visitor Q said:
I need to buy my gf a Helment (Suomy) and it's kinda a surprise, what size do you think I should buy... Medium?

I have to check when I get home but I think she has a small Shoei now that she can wear but it is too small for her and is not comfortable after a while out.

Thanks.
Jason

Your girl wears a medium bro! :laughing1

1 - 20 of 39 Posts