Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I totally agree. I've seen some crashes where sliders have ripped off and broke the mount on the frame. They don't always protect plastics and I've seen where they have bent and broken plastics. Nothing is 100% but I beleave it's better then nothing.

·
Registered
337 Posts
For the most part, sliders will do more good than harm. Aside from the half ass protection they give your plastics, you have a better chance of not having your rear sets ripped off if you ever do go down while riding.

Frame Sliders were the first thing I did to my cbr.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just my personal opinion, seems to me like all the "BARF" guys are a bunch of arrogant pricks. People with attitudes like that towards new riders make me laugh because they themselves usually have maybe one or two track days and three years on the seat under their belts so they are godlike right? WRONG. But thats just my opinion after riding for about 11 years and getting a lot of other guys into the sport. You catch more bees with honey, not diazinon. :bitchslap:

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
I love my sliders. Saved myself from a bent clipon, broken rearset, and dented tank in my 25 mph lowslide.

Just had to loosen my clipon, straighten it out, tighten it back down, and hopped back unto my bike and rode away. Well worth the money

·
Registered
870 Posts
I agree, no one likes a prick. I always thought bikers are supposed to me the most friendly community out there. I guess there are always some bad apples.

Peace
Will

·
Registered
223 Posts
Okay well sliders DO protect the plastics whether they are designed to or not. Seen plastics saved many many times in low speed tip overs because of sliders.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good replies guys. I know, and I think most people on this site know, that sliders are to protect the frame itself and maybe prevent flipping. But I was a little urked by the attitude of some of the BARFers and their replies. <rant begin> How is adding frame sliders a newbie thing, and whats wrong with having them for street use? Im thinking that this is a bad attitude to put out towards the newbie riders that come to their site. Everyone was a newbie at one time.
And sprocket swaps etc, whats wrong with that. Everyone mods their bikes, thats half of the fun, right. Now I would understand if a newbie goes out and buys all the aftermarket stuff and has no gear, but from what I have seen most every newbie that comes here usually asks about gear first. :clapping:
I like the BARF site, there are a ton of great people on it, and it has giving me a lot of info and distraction time from work. But I have noticed that there are many riders that just won't accept anything other than their own ideals. Whats worse is, they try to push their ideals onto others and, sometimes, it seems they will try to make other readers feel inferior. <rant off>

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow, they do sound like pricks... And those are the people i see on the roads! i hope they dont catch me with my integrated tail light they might call me a n00b and burn out in my face! :roll:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the BARF "attitude." Most people who seem like asses on the board are usually the nicest people in person. They are just sharing some opinions.

I think the undertone of that thread is that no amount of modifications, be it for speed or safety, will compensate for inexperience. Learn at a safe, steady pace and never try to outdo yourself or others.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My wife just got her 05 600rr black/trible. she insist on sliders. this is her second season riding. She feel more comfortable with them only because the bike is brand new. I have the repsol 1000rr. I am not going to put them on this bike. I had them on previous bikes ( 5 of them) and did not get a chance to see them in action. My opinion? if you want them get them. let other people think what they want. It's your bike, they did not help you buy it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts