Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright here is the deal. 06 cbr 600rr

Did a plug change and to do it I dropped the rad, lifted the tank, removed entire air box plus tubs, took out fuel rail and now I am getting a FI error. It flashes twice, but I am uncertain whether it is a 2 or a 20.

The bike seems to be running fine minus the light. When I moved the tank I did disconnect the hoses, but did put them back to were they belong. After a day of looking at it I noticed I snapped the nipple off of the map sensor (which would explain the possible #2 code). I supper glued it back together and reinstalled hoping that fixed it.
After reinstalling it I took a chance to see if I could clear the code. I did take the battery off to reset the ecu, but that didn't help. Then I tried clearing the code the right way with no success.I am pretty sure I reconnected everything because I checked twice and my buddy was helping me out.

I have a PC if that matters because I don't know whether or not my tune was erased. I ordered a map sensor from ebay and it will be in tomorrow so I hope that is what it is. If I am missing anything please help me out. I have vacation next week and want to ride all week. Let me know if you need anymore info.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
On an 07 it is easy to route the hose to the MAP sensor incorrectly. It gets pinched and throws the code. Idk about the 06.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Swapped out the map sensor and was still getting the code. I reset the ecm then tried jumping the service connector. I was jumping brown and green and nothing was happening. A quick search and I realized I was supposed to jump the brown and black/white wires. BAM first try and I cleared the codes. Now I have an extra $200 for vacation.:drunk: Thanks guys.:banger:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts