Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys after watching the first Race weekend in WSBK and WSS I am so pissed at Honda for 1 not getting proper riders to compete. Look Hayden has passed his prime I hoped to see a young talented rider that is hungry for success. That dismal showing at Philip Island was a shame. In both WSBK and WSS all the Honda teams seemed bent on just making up the numbers. To make matters worse the WSBK team were featuring the NEW and Improved Fireblade. Could it be that the riders haven't gotten accustomed to the new bike yet or is it pointing to something worse... That after so much years of not updating the former bike as well as all the money that has gone into R&D, the result is an even worse product unable to compete with Kawasaki etc.
Now don't get me started on the CBR600RR, I love this bike but I like winning more. We've seen it disappear from AMA, and other 600 class competitions and now even WSS is abandoning our beloved bike, its just not good enough against the Kawa 636 or the R6. I've spent lots of money upgrading and modifying it to be able to compete until I had to admit the truth. I love the brand but the company seems to forget what made us love the brand, it was a winning brand. Most Championships wins in Moto GP and WSS, its sad to see where they have reached.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
the wsbk entries aren't honda racing. it's ten kate.

what's going on at honda racing is that they don't give a **** about wsbk.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Yeah it appears that Honda's main priority is to make reliable, comfortable street bikes. This has been their mission from the beginning and they are great at it. Racing is certainly a way to attract new customers and gain some performance credibility, but its a small segment compared to their product range. They do pour a lot of money into MotoGP though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have to agree. After the WSBK winter tests and Nicky's statements I was expecting this kind of result. Still quite annoying for a Honda fan as myself, and I cant help but feeling gutted for Nicky. Just hope they manage to keep him and Bradl onboard until the RVF 1000 RR is launched in 2019 (and hopefully with some factory / HRC backing) :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts