Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is going crazy! Its an 04 with 10,000 miles. When the weather is cooler the bike runs like a top with no issues. The moment it sits out in the sun for the day I go to start it and the fuel pump randomly wont prime. If it doesnt I can turn the key off and on and it will then prime up and start.
Now once I start riding it will randomly just shut off just like I hit the kill switch. One second its there and the next its gone. Then I can turn the key off and back on and bump start it and take off again until the next episode.
I have went through the kill switch to verify it was in good shape. It seems like it is ok. Im not sure what else to check. Could it be the fuel pump relay or BAS?
Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I would check your main ground terminal if you are sure the run/stop is cleaned and making a good contact on the inside. It's the yellow connection with all the green wires in it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Left side of the tail section, under your butt. The whole connector is wrapped in electrical tape so look for a bulky mess when the tail plastics are off. Chances are you'll see some charring/melting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts