Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like some input on this. I can get a used 03 RC for 9000 USD with 3000 miles and in otherwise excellent condition... or a new 03 black 600RR for 7700 USD. This will be a streetbike (no tracks within 100's of miles). I'll be doin 2-up every once in a while as well.

I know there's a few guys on here that own both, so I was hoping you could help out.

Which would be a better value?
If I go with the RR I know I won't be disappointed, but will I will I still lust for the deep rumble of the twin? :twisted:
Is the technology of the RR that much further ahead of the RC? (unit pro-link, better mass centralization, etc)?
I understand that comparing the 2 is like apples to oranges.
Either way I can't loose, but it's killing me to have to decide. btw, both isn't an option unless I want to become single :lol2:

Now, I know I'm in a 600RR forum so I'm expectin a few bias opinions :wink:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That's a tough one but I'm thinking The RC51 if you're going to do any 2 up riding even though the passenger will hate either one the twin has more low end torque. The RR is a much lighter and in my opinion better handling bike stock though. I don't have alot of time on an RC51 so my opinion in that category will be a little biased.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
The RC is a one rider machine. I give a big thumbs down to it if you expect women to keep talking to you after a ride.
Haha, yeah, I was gunna say the same thing, although I've seen people ride 2 up on an RC...and for some reason it has passenger foot pegs...but there's no passenger seat...can you buy them? I dunno, I'd say the 600...but it all also depends on how much riding experience you have...but my vote goes for the 600RR :mrgreen:

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you go for long rides, then go for RC1. If not, then RR is the one you should go for.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had an RC and I like the RR waaaayyyy more. The RC is a much more focused bike IMO. It runs hotter than hell, it is uncomfortable and it is a more demanding ride than the RR. That being said the RC is an extremely rewarding bike to thrash but the second the twisties end you suffer. I traded the RC for the Tuono and have never looked back. Get the RR.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I currently own an RC51 and have put money down on a RR. I've only ridden the RR once for about 45 minutes or so.. I've got decent miles on the RC.. Personally I think for your use the RC51 would be the superior machine, easier to ride around town, not as much shifting etc and super awesome through the twisties..

The only reason I'm selling my RC51 is because I'm spending more time at the track than I am on the street.. not to say the '51 is not capable as a track bike.. but my local track is designed for gokarts, really really tight / technical.. that's where the '51 starts to show it's weight a bit.. other than that it's a frikkin awesome bike.. those who insult the RC51 usually have no idea what the bike is capable of and have probably never ridden one for any legitimate period of time ..

Oh by the way, to the person who stated the RC51 doesn't have a rear seat.. it does.. you can either use the seat cowl or the rear seat.. the bike comes with both unlike the RR which only comes with a rear seat...

hope this helps.. feel free to pm me if you have any further questions..

-Tawheed

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Personally I think for your use the RC51 would be the superior machine, easier to ride around town, not as much shifting etc and super awesome through the twisties
Totally disagree. It is geared too tall, the bike is too heavy for slow speed manuevers. The motor is very unhappy at anything below highway speeds. The bikes gets very hot in traffic, etc.

The RC is great. I am not selling mine. However, I see her for what she is.

EDIT: Also note the costs of an RC. Insurance for a 1000cc bike. Tire wear is bad! Money needed to modify the bike to get her to run well.

Edit: 600rr is better out of the box. 600cc insurance. will have more aftermarket support than the soon to be gone RC-51.

My personal reasoning for the RC. It is a twin. And until you have owned one and put miles down on one, you won't understand how it puts power to the ground. Buy which ever bike gives you more wood. Otherwise you will regret the purchase, even if it is the better bike on paper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts