Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For your information:

This advice was sent by a retired State Farm
Agent! This system has been tried and it works in every state.

If you get a speeding ticket or went through a
Red light, or whatever the case may be, you're going to get points on
Your license and a surcharge on your auto insurance.
Here is a method to insure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay
For it. If the fine is $79.00 make the check out for $82.00, some small
Amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference. However, here is the trick: DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away!

Points are not assessed to your license until
All Financial Transactions are complete. If you do not cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete. The system has received its money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you.

This information comes from an unmentionable
Computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state.

Tell this to everyone you know. You never know
When they may need a break

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Not sure about other states but FL will keep that extra money... Brother and I went to court for the same offense. Our court fees were different. Wouldn't have noticed but we were next to each other in line paying. Called it out on the spot.. Made quite a disturbance with the other court system payees. Someone try it. Has to be someone on here with a ticket... T

·
Banned
1,086 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I forgot where I saw it (it may have even been here), but basically red light tickets are somewhat like parking tickets (check your local laws to be sure).

Here are the finer points, again take this information and do with it as you will, I'm just passing on the info and am not a lawyer :p

The tickets are sent to you via normal mail, any additional notices are sent to you via normal mail.

How do they know you ever received any of this stuff?

Additionally, why do you think you have to sign for any tickets you get when an Officer pulls you over?

When have you agreed to appear in court for a camera-issued ticket? You never have, well that's until you mail it in with your extortio... err fine.

D

·
0 Posts
just get a lawyer people!
Traffic lawyers are over rated, especially since you can just go online and find the information needed to fight your case.

Best thing to do to get out of a ticket, is don't put yourself in the situation to get one. Now if it is a bs call on a cop, then just go online, find the statute you where written up for, see if what you where ticketed for is true, and if it's not, get proof.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts