Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKAY I JUST RECIEVED THE DAMAGE ESTIMATE FROM MY ACCIDENT! 6,400.00. AS MOST KNOW FROM MY LAST POST THE BIKE WS 4 DAYS OLD WITH 445 MILES ON IT.
WHAT TO DO! I DONT KNOW WHAT THE GUYS INSURANCE IS GUNNA DO BUT I DONT KNOW IF I WANT THEM TO TOTAL IT. THE MAIN FRAME IS PERFECT W/O A SCRATCH. BUT THE SUB FRAME, SWING ARM, SPEEDO, ALL FAIRINGS INCLUDING TANK COVER, RIGHT SIDE BRAKE PEDAL ASSYMBLY AND RIGHT SIDE CLUTCH COVER. AND THE STOCK EXHAUST. ARE ALL TOAST
I KIND OF WANT TO GET THE INSURANCE CHECK AND FIX THE BIKE MY SELF, WHICH I KNOW I CAN DO. AND IF I DO THAT WITH 6,400 I CAN HAVE THAT BIKE THE WAY I WANT IT. AFTERMARKET EVERYTHING.
BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT WOULD BE BEST. ANY SUGESTIONS :questionmark:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I laid my bike down on the interstate, doin' about 95mph one night, and FORTUNATELY, it (and me) landed in wet grass... When I looked at it, I thought it was toast for sure... (1) 150$ part later, it was up and running with no issues. Now, it didn't LOOK good, but that was just stuff I replaced later, one at a time. Moral of the story, I just got my bike, it was the 2nd day I had insurance on it, it was my first bike, i'm ONLY 24 yrs old, insurance woulda had a FIELD day with my rate hikes. If the bike starts with no problem, you might think of doin' it yourself....

·
Registered
176 Posts
hmm... if they total it you can usualy keep it and part out the bike... at least yu can with a car. take all the money and get a down payment on a new one and then make all the mods you want on it witht the left over money. that is what i would probably do. you could sell that frame for close to 1k usually. and the other parts.. including the motor are still sellable. find out if they would let you keep the totalled bike. cuz with a brand new bike you dont have to worry about the bike possibly having minor problems you didnt know about. but its your choice....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1ST OF ALL THE ACCIDENT WASNT MY FAULT I GOT T-BONED BY A CAR CROSSING A INTERSECTION. I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY.
MY CONCERN IS THAT WITH THE 6500.00 DAMAGE ESTIMATE THE CARS INSURANCE MIGHT TOTAL MY BIKE. I AM NOT SURE IF THAT IS GOOD OR BAD. WHAT I AM THINKING IS THAT IT WOULD BE BETTER TO JUST GET THE GUYS INSURANCE TO CUT ME A CHECK FOR THE DAMAGE AMOUNT AND I CAN EBAY IT BACK TO GETHER. AND WITH THE MONEY I SAVE I CAN GET AFTERMARKET STUFF LIKE: REAR SETS AND EXHAUST AND MAYBE EVEN FAIRINGS!!!
I AM JUST WONDERING IF THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS WILLING TO LET ME FIX THE BIKE MYSELF. CAN ANY ONE RELATE TO THIS?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a uuummm.... "friend" that works as a claims rep for an insurance company and what this "friend" says you should do is let them total the bike, take that money and buy a new one. You should get enough body injury settlement to afford any mods you want. If you owed any money on the damaged bike hopefully you had gap insurance through your lender. You will have one or depending on the ins. company two reps to handle your claim, both WILL negotiate you may be able to have them pay the difference on your note. Just remember if it wasnt your fault your in control dont take the first offer tell them you dont know if they only offer you 6500 for your bike and that youll call them back, then wait for them to call you. Reps are rated on how soon thet can close a claim and stalling will open up the wallet. Just dont hire an attorney he will take 20-30 percent of what you can get by negotiating yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts