Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When looking at a bike that has been down, what should someone be on the lookout for when shopping for a bike and they find one but it has been down?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Deinitely check out the frame. If the frame is scratched up or dented you definitely want to stay away from that. I think most insurance companies consider the bike totaled if the frame is messed up. You could get a great deal on a bike if it has been dropped and just the plastics are messed up. You can get plastics for cheap and have a brand new looking bike for a great price. Just look everything over and see if anything looks damaged. If possible take it for a little ride and you should be able to tell if there is any serious damage with the suspension or anything like that.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
When I know the bike has been down and it is a sportbike that I am looking at...I walk away. If it is a dirtbike, sure I'll check out the frame and try to find anything that may be unsound. Stay away from crashed bikes, too many other bikes out there that haven't been abused to choose from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts