Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Asked The Question: " Music Or No Music" before.
So for those that DO Listen to Music, What types do you listen to for certain trips? Also, what Band Or Artist Do you Find yourself Rocking Out to The Most?

Myself:

Trips To Work, (cause of Traffic): HardCore/Metalcore: Escape The Fate, Falling In Reverse, Modern Day Escape.

Trips Around Town (just cruisin'): I listen to Slower Music, More ballads. MeatLoaf, Metallica, Iron Maiden. Ozzy, Black Sabbath

Twisties: Haven't Done that yet, Most likely wouldn't listen to music for that

Long Trips (longest trips I've been on were about 50-70 Miles roundtrip:
I listen To Escape The fate, Modern Day Escape and A Nice mix of Metallica... ...

HOWEVER!!!!!!! I HAVE ONE TABOO OFF LIMITS SONG!

I do Not DO NOT listen to Metallica-Master Of Puppets. All it does is make me think in my head about the scene from "Old School" where they are driving the van, and catching all the pledges. I start smiling to myself Laughing, and end up speeding. Love the song normally though, in the safety of a passenger seat or indoors!

So whats Your Favorite? lemme know!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
LOL, man you are really hung up on this music issue aren't you??

Well I heard MOP a million times before I ever saw Old School, so that imagery doesnt come to mind when I hear it, but its great nontheless. If it has a negative impact (as you described) on you then don't listen to it. Most of the music (metal) I listen to is fast paced and therefore I choose not to listen to music because I tend to ride the beat, if you get what I mean. Maiden sometimes even gets my gears going, so I would listen to something along the lines of Hellraiser by Ozzy but skip the solo, at least I would as it shifts me into overdrive. Something like A Tout le Monde by Megadeth, it will keep you entertained and won't be manipulating at the same time. Finally, just experiment for crying out loud and see what you like.

DEFININTELY NO MUSIC ON THE TWISTIES, YOU NEED 200% CONCENTRATION FOR THOSE.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, man you are really hung up on this music issue aren't you??

Well I heard MOP a million times before I ever saw Old School, so that imagery doesnt come to mind when I hear it, but its great nontheless. If it has a negative impact (as you described) on you then don't listen to it. Most of the music (metal) I listen to is fast paced and therefore I choose not to listen to music because I tend to ride the beat, if you get what I mean. Maiden sometimes even gets my gears going, so I would listen to something along the lines of Hellraiser by Ozzy but skip the solo, at least I would as it shifts me into overdrive. Something like A Tout le Monde by Megadeth, it will keep you entertained and won't be manipulating at the same time. Finally, just experiment for crying out loud and see what you like.

DEFININTELY NO MUSIC ON THE TWISTIES, YOU NEED 200% CONCENTRATION FOR THOSE.

Im not completely Hung up on this music issue. Im just trying to be a constructive contributing member of this website! I dont know much of how to fix mod break anything about the bike yet, so im useless in other threads/ topics. I just like this one, cause like my last thread, it is very different and very divided! it's a great subject, to start communicating with the members of 600RR.Net without intruding or being offensive. It's a very "Nuetral" subject. but yes. I listened to MOP WAYYYYY before i ever saw old school.. But to this day the way they made it with the music, just gets me going!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I understand dude; just letting you know its what makes you satisified not what makes us satisfied. So we wont be able to tell you what to listen to but will sure as hell share our preferences. I have never done it, but thanks to you, I will try it soon.....riding and listening to Master of Puppets.......hope I don't crash......If I do........:flamethrower:

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
I'm a redneck so I listen mainly to country but ill throw some FFDP, staind, and some others.

Sent from GRida's moms house.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand dude; just letting you know its what makes you satisified not what makes us satisfied. So we wont be able to tell you what to listen to but will sure as hell share our preferences. I have never done it, but thanks to you, I will try it soon.....riding and listening to Master of Puppets.......hope I don't crash......If I do........:flamethrower:
lol you wont die dude im giving you good juju's...! No Im not asking whats best to listen to, cause i know everyone is different. BUT I just wanna know what other people are listening to. just to get a dialogue going about what people like..

Your a Beast BTW

·
Registered
760 Posts
My media device is packed with tons of differnt music. on a spirited ride I like listening to dubstep like borgore, or other electro like Pretty lights/savoy/benni banassi/ d3admau5/skrillex or the offspring/5 finger death punch/papa roach/ seether/ mudvain .. you get the idea

On the other hand when going on meets or things like that I just let it roll through Metalica/Gorrilaz/bob marley/stained/john denver/Colt ford lol IDK.. Im well versed in MUSSSIC

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
OMG! I have got an ACCEPT discography - the whole thing from their start to finish. Great stuff! Recommended!

And Metallica and Megadeth, of course.
hidrive, glad to see you do not disagree with everything you say anymore, but now...... the contradictions.....oh boy. Kudos on recommending Megadeth :+1:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i just set my IPOD to shuffle and hit play. i've got all kinds of music on there though.... country, rock, hair bands, metal, pop and so on. I do skip a song or two on occasion though :drunk:

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
it depends on how im feeling, normally ill listen to klaypex, prettylights, bassnectar, deadmou5, kesha, Katie perry, RATM, flogging molly or inflames

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
RATM is probably my favorite riding music, Slayer is a close second.
When I do listen to music while riding I usually have the device on shuffle, so any thing could be playing.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been finding myself hitti g shuffle more often and or using pandora. Since my phone is in my pocket I never know what's next

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
bob marley is great for any type of riding. i also listen to deadmau5, skrillex, pretty lights, bassnectar, alexander spit, pretty much any dubstep/jungle/d&b. and i listen during pretty much all rides: short trips, long commutes and through the twisties. only time i don't listen is when i have to go down the street to the store.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I only listen when I'm going on big trips. If I'm going on a nice easy cruise, usually by myself, I'll listen to some calmer music (trance, the Hip, Tool, etc). If I'm going for more aggressive riding I'll listen to my usual my usual metal (5FDP, LoG, Slipknot, etc)

Also...100th post :)

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
I found out I enjoy Muse while out on rides. Please don't take my metal card lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts