Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i was at the store earlier and i usually just get the oil changed at a shop and for some reason cant remember for the life of me what type of oil was in there to begin with. the bike has been sitting for quite a long time now and when i stopped riding to fix all the damages on it from a recent crash it was just about due for an oil change? So what im tyring to figure out here is what type of oil should i use i.e. full synthetic, blended, or just normal oil?

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Check out the retolla t6 thread that's what I run

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Use olive oil, that way your bike dosent absorb any trans fats from say lard.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
vegetable oil

for a more usefull answer, please see the entire section of the forums dedicated to this question.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mobile 1 racing 4T 10w-40
Full Synthetic
That's what I use and it works great and is a reasonable price

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
389 Posts
Any good motorcycle 40w oil will work fine. There are a few 30w oils that I'm sure would be fine but I prefer and use 40w stuff exclusively. The best one? That's a can of worms but ones known to be good are:

Amsoil MCV
Rotella
Mobil 1 4T
Motul
Redline
Silkolene
Repsol
Castrol
Manufacturer's crap
bazillion others

Syn vs conventional is personal preference. I like synthetic. I've used Amsoil, Rotella, Mobil 1, and Honda's swill in my CBR. My favorite is Amsoil with Rotella and Mobil 1 duking it out for 2nd.

A side note on Rotella: You can use the T6 formula (blue jug at wallymart) for a synthetic. If you're planning on conventional oil, one of the best ones on the shelf is Rotella 15w-40 in the white jug. Yeah, the crap for diesel semi trucks and tractors.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tried the Rotella on my last change.. no complaints, and was available at a bunch of local places like walmart and mom & pop auto stores around where I live. Didn't feel like ordering online for like Amsoil and stuff.

anecdotal thumbs up - was debating having an oil analysis done but then I got lazy haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts