Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to some guy in another forum and said that the new 600rr would rape all the other 600's and this is what he said....

"....uhm rape? NO! ALL of the 600's are at most tenths (yes, 0.1) slower or quicker AT MOST in all of the road tests Ive seen in various magazines/sites/etc... The sportbike race is so close its rediculous, its when you get into literbikes that you see tha major differences, and even then its still only a matter of tenths...and opinion.

I say go for something different, I.E. Triumph Daytona 675....sex on wheels, and nothing like a triple winding @ 13K+ rpm...not to mention most say it outperforms all of the 600's, whether it be power, handling, rideability, whatever."

I already know daytona(gross) is faster just because the simple fact that it has 75 more cc's, so how could he even compared. I was talking about r6, gsxr 600, etc... so anyone? thanks guys

K

·
0 Posts
nice -2

between all the other 599cc bikes out there, he's dead right.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
always gonna be the rider... I always enjoy watching the youtube clips of two people racing each other and the suzuki wins or the kawi or honda wins (or whatever else) and they dont follow it up with the riders switching bikes and racing the same loop again. I'd like to see someone actually do that... Or atleast the same rider riding a loop on one bike and hopping on another and doing the same loop.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Daytonas aren't faster! Just think about it, for the past 4 years Kawi's were 636. And were they any faster? No! Same goes for the Daytona, they just added 75 to make up for what it was lacking... Dont get me wrong, im sure its a great bike but I dont think in stands above any of the other 600s. Same goes for the Duc 848, Hayes and Zemke dust them every week.
But its just like all the guys above said... 99% RIDER!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Did he say the 675 was pure sex? More like pure puke!

I don't recall the 675 as being middle-class bike of the year within the last few years. Even in 08 its still not the cannot beat the R6 or 600RR

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
All that power under the pants can't be maximized unless you know how to. Already hearing stories of people who own even the 1ks and don't know how to get "the most" out of 'em.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll say this much...I've ridden a few competitors bike, and I don't regret owning a Honda. IMHO, my 600RR is more responsive on the throttle and in the twisties than any other bike I've ridden, and maybe I just feel that way because it's what I own, but you also have to consider that several major publications made the RR the bike of the year 2 years running in the 600 class. That definately says something...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts