Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i talk to the insurance people today and they said they will cover my helmet but not my jacket, gloves, pants,or boots..when i hit the deer they all got trashed..what really sucks i just bought the jacket and gloves last week wore them twice . they are going to go look at the bike today. they think they will junk it.. i dunno does any one have any fancy wording i can say to them that will make them change there mind on covering the gear?

thanks

chris

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would think that they would be happy to cover your protective gear........ cause they could be covering a bunch of medical bills instead!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point, i need to see if they will cover my cell phone too it got rashed up as well

·
Registered
77 Posts
sykoburbia said:
good point, i need to see if they will cover my cell phone too it got rashed up as well
They may cover everything under personal property loss but you may have to check your policy to make sure you have that coverage.

Typically personal property loss covers things like your sunglasses, cell phones and other personal property type of items.

If they cover your helmet and not your other protective gear I would ask them to see where in your policy decleration it specifically excludes protective gear. It may be more of a monetary limitation you are hitting as well. They may only cover to a certain dollar amount based on your policy.

Good luck............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts