Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was wondering what you guys thought would be a good price for this bike. It is an 05 600rr with about 1000 miles on it. 500 were easy street miles. Here is the list of things it has on it. Please serious suggestions. I am thinking about selling my race bike. Just not sure what people are willing to pay for a race bike. What is the most you would pay for this bike??

Hotbodies race bodywork
Scotts Damper
DID gold race chain with vortex sprockets 15/46 and stock sprockets
vortex rear sets
Full Akra TI system
PCIII USB
Vortex frame sliders
Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch
EBC Race pads front only
Vortex clip ons
Spare set of rims
Galfer Stainless Steel lines Front and back
Race Tech springs for 190lbs rider
Rear shock rebuild buy TSE for 190lbs rider
Custom Dyno Tune
BMC Race Air Filter
Vortex Gas cap

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6500!!!!!!???? Man I can get that if I part it out. I guess it is worth more in pieces...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I still owe on it. Not sure how much tho. Need to find that out.

·
Registered
986 Posts
....only $6500???

Note to self:
1. keep all OEM parts when converting a bike to a race bike.
2. keep records of all cost on parts
3. dismantel race bike and part it out when ready to sell
4. Put OEM parts back on and sell bike as STOCK.

Damn, that's harsh. You could probably sell the bike stock for 5k and part out the add ons to make more than that.

I thought for sure people would say like 10k or some shat like that.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
LDROWN said:
6500!!!!!!???? Man I can get that if I part it out. I guess it is worth more in pieces...
This is the unfortunate reality of owning a production 4 stroke sportbike... Depreciation will bend you over and take you for a nice little ride.

So, here's the break down per Kelly Blue Book...
6800 Retail
4700 Trade-In

These numbers are for a excellent condition 100% bone stock bike. Since your bike is not longer showroom new, you won't be able to get the 6800 that KBB suggests. However, since the bike is practically new, I would say a fair asking price would be somewhere between 4700 and 6800. To make things simple, let's say 5750. Now keep in mind this is for a bone stock '05 RR.

Now factor in the fact that the bike has been raced and that'll drop the asking price a bit. Let's say down to 5500. However, with all the goodies and add-ons you can add another 1000 or so on the asking price. Which brings us to my original estimate of 6500. Keep in mind there are only three major items that really affect the asking price, full TI exhaust, slipper clutch, and spare rims... You might be able to get away with asking 7000. Which if you do, more power to ya.

Your other option is to high-ball and slowly bring down the price until you sell it... However, if you're in a hurry to sell, this may not be the best approach.

I hope that helps explain how I came up with the number that I did.

·
Registered
484 Posts
mule-madness said:
This is the unfortunate reality of owning a production 4 stroke sportbike... Depreciation will bend you over and take you for a nice little ride.

So, here's the break down per Kelly Blue Book...
6800 Retail
4700 Trade-In

These numbers are for a excellent condition 100% bone stock bike. Since your bike is not longer showroom new, you won't be able to get the 6800 that KBB suggests. However, since the bike is practically new, I would say a fair asking price would be somewhere between 4700 and 6800. To make things simple, let's say 5750. Now keep in mind this is for a bone stock '05 RR.

Now factor in the fact that the bike has been raced and that'll drop the asking price a bit. Let's say down to 5500. However, with all the goodies and add-ons you can add another 1000 or so on the asking price. Which brings us to my original estimate of 6500. Keep in mind there are only three major items that really affect the asking price, full TI exhaust, slipper clutch, and spare rims... You might be able to get away with asking 7000. Which if you do, more power to ya.

Your other option is to high-ball and slowly bring down the price until you sell it... However, if you're in a hurry to sell, this may not be the best approach.

I hope that helps explain how I came up with the number that I did.
+1 Nice break down but true.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.