Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just test rode a 2001 CBR600F4I for a friend and there were a few concerns i need to have addressed. The steering felt very loose. Im new to riding and i have a new 2006 CBR600RR and i know im used to a tight steering but this just felt very loose. What could be causing the problem and what is needed to fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
loose like the bars turn real easy, or loose like it wont hold a line? if its the bars check the steering head bearing tightness/snugness...play in there is the enemy. If it wont hold a line id first say back off the Comprassion damping in the forks a couple clicks... if thats not enough...add a few mm of pre load to the shock.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
wheel bearings maybe? See if there is any side to side play in the wheels.

·
Registered
771 Posts
SIZMTRZ said:
loose like the bars turn real easy, or loose like it wont hold a line? if its the bars check the steering head bearing tightness/snugness...play in there is the enemy. If it wont hold a line id first say back off the Comprassion damping in the forks a couple clicks... if thats not enough...add a few mm of pre load to the shock.
very smart, i'd do exactly what's suggested here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.