Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say I'm sitting at a stoplight in 1st with the clutch lever pulled in. What would happen if I were to just let go of the lever without holding either brake? Would it jerk are and prob throw me off if I wasn't expecting it, or would it quickly kill itself? This has been on my brain, especially at stoplights lol... sorry for the new question.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It would just kill itself, maybe a little jerk but nothing that a normal sized rider couldn't handle :cruising:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
stall, unless you apply throttle
let my Xgf ride my bike once, she thought it was in N but it was in 1st so she let clutch out, it bucked forward a bit and died, she just had a surprised look. no harm no foul

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ha, that video is funny because we've all been "that guy" doing our first launch. I was fortunate that is was a long time ago before everyone was walking around with a video recorder.

Don't think you can't drop a bike from that little jerk though. If you're day dreaming or checking out the hot chicks in the car next to you it can really ruin your day.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
funny stuff..

my buddies wife was learning to ride, on an old honda 500. there was a bike coming through an intersection and she decided to wave. she answered your question. the bike jerked out from under her and went into the middle of the road and fell over.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I killed my bike about 7-10 times when I was learning the clutch...The jerk isn't bad...Just try it so you know what to expect if it were to happen and so you can ease your mind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
funny stuff..

my buddies wife was learning to ride, on an old honda 500. there was a bike coming through an intersection and she decided to wave. she answered your question. the bike jerked out from under her and went into the middle of the road and fell over.
I was going to say... maybe it's a girl thing (haha) but I did that once on my 650 and it was a pretty hard jerk! I definitely felt like it could have gotten out from under me...

·
Registered
27 Posts
When I was beginning, I tried to take off in second without knowing and it about beat my balls to death.... I now make sure I'm in first.lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts