Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BOTM Winner Nov 2015
112 Posts
If your looking for ideas on what to do i would highly recommend looking through some of the build threads in the technical talk section of the forum, lots of awesome builds and countless ideas for different mods.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Depends what you're after. But I'd give it a good service. Engine oil, coolant, plugs, air/oil filter, brake fluid. Then change fork oil and get suspension set up professionally and get top notch tyres. Then ride it and enjoy.
Will make a bigger difference than any flush indicator/headlight mod or alike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good advice man, debating weather to change a few bits on it or update it for a newer model, is there much difference with the later ones, i know they have upside down forks radial brakes and electric steering damper, but is all this really that beneficial will i notice it average riding ??

·
Registered
803 Posts
Looks good. I'd hang on to it, and keep up to date with the maintenance - as mentioned above.

Other than this, keep up your appreciation for it, and ride it until the wheels fall off (sarcastic).

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
keep my 07 as track only... Then just ride that on the street. Mods I wouldnt do a single thing. The bikes so old theres no reason. It will just depreciate more and the classifieds are soooo slow all ready I would have a hard time getting rid of the **** when I actually do sell the bike...

Tires and general maintenance anything else is pointless. ram mount for my phone actually and a usb charger...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would put adjustable rearsets on it and ride the **** out of it. Maybe a steering damper if it doesn't already have one. That's it though.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Paint it. Mine was original blue. Some things to do are in my sig. CCT, -1/+2 520 conversion, doing my suspension when I have a day off work (.95Nm wilbers springs). Have PR4 tyres on mine.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Make sure it's 100% up to date maintenance wise, good, modern tires, fresh suspension set to your weight and go. If you need the bije to fit you better then try rearsets, handlebars, seat and levers to ge your fit right.

From there it's the rider that needs mods: full gear that fits and track days with a good instructor.

Anything else is wasting your time and money on things you don't need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the replies guys, damn least you get sense on this forum, the other forums are a bit dry haha, not to mention any brands hehe, definitely sticking to Honda from now on after soooo many problems with r6 ans gsxr, and build quality is superb, i might have to go talk dirty to her later looool, are you referring to me as the "nut" behind the handle bars :) i need some new tyres what do you guys recomend for road uk, i currently have bridgestone battalax- seem pretty good

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'd either sell it for an 07+, or if keeping I'd swap the front to USD's and paint it 09 600RR green.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts