Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm in the army first off just to explain some of the wording but this morning i was leaving PT and as i'm going threw this parking lot a guy in this purple durango pulls out in front of me then as i start to go he does. so i follow him until we get on the two lane road leaving post and i flicked him off i mean i was pissed. then he follows me and starts to ride my a**. then we got on the highway and oh course he kept riding me because of all the traffic then he gets a chance to pull up next to me then starts yelling at me from his truck and actually starts coming halfway into my lane. he goes back into his lane and flys past the car that was blocking me. as i go around that car and get in front of it it's just me and him as i go to pass him he swerves at me i lock my front wheel and swerved luckily after that it had finally went from 2 lanes to 4 and i could get away from him and all the time state patrol are out there except today because i was going to stop. when i got back to work i went to the MP station and gave them a description of the vehicle and plate number but god i am so sick of people pulling out in front of me everyday.

D

·
0 Posts
I'd have just left him alone since it's people like that who hit bikes on purpose. A pocket full of ball bearings would be handy for the situation though.

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
yea i would have let him be since the beginning. not sure how long u've been riding, but it's not gonna be the last time something like that happens.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
The guy is a jack ass that is for sure but you got to pick a winning battle
a Durnago with a jack ass behind the wheel will win evrey time

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know i to be more patient with these people and i use to. it just seems like there coming out more and more here in va.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
i know i to be more patient with these people and i use to. it just seems like there coming out more and more here in va.
Its is not as much as be patient simply pull off the road cause if u try to run
away they will chase you down and even swerve at you like this jack ass did
and i bet you if u would have crashed he would not have even flinched :evil3:
not worth it man

K

·
0 Posts
been tempted to carry something like that.
Yes, because damaging his and everyone else's vehicles because of your road junk is a good idea.

jesus, where do these idea's come from?

btw, locked the front wheel and swerved?

how'd the low-side feel?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
that is really bad! I dont understand why even people will bother to do things like this.. you know endangering somebody's else life...

·
Registered
17 Posts
dont even engage people like that

"dont even engage people like that" There's no telling what they'll do, clip you and leave you lying in the street without a second thought.
Me and my wife were riding 2up on fri 7/4 ended up behind a drunk :all_cohol, the guy was swerving crossing lines ect. I went to pass him and just happened to see a shadow(on my tank) from a street light of my wife making hand gestures to the guy.I was a little ticked off,i pulled into the chevron so me and her could have a little chat. i had to explain the weight ratio of 600rr vs minivan.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Bad idea to chase someone down who is driving a truck, they will win all the time. Think before you act this will save your life. You are going to have butthead that will pull out in front of you all the time, so we of to be all about defense rider 99% of the time. If that guy is station on that base you will see him again. Life is too short already so don’t make your any shorter.

K

·
0 Posts
You can control what happens in front of you, you cannot control what happens behind you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah there's no point flicking 'em off. If they're normal people they'll be a little freaked & try to watch out better in the future. If they're not, well, they're gonna be pricks forever no matter what you do.

·
Registered
810 Posts
in retrospect, what did you do then, that you will not do now.

From another perspective:
He didn't see you & pulled out (never mind because he didn't look) - he doesn't care (& never will) cos he's is in his 'armoured car'.
Some Jackass on a tiny bike (its not even a American made Harley) gives him the finger !
Well, he don't have to take that s*** from someone who can't afford a 'real vehicle' so he chases him...
& so it escalates!!!!

Unless you have the road skills to evade & leave for dust any other form of transport DONT play games with them. They WILL leave you by the side of the road.

·
Registered
741 Posts
my driver ed and MSF coachs alway told me not flick anyone off and so far i havent ... i dont wanna be an a** but if you were to let it go away and not flicked him off then maybe he wouldnt follow you around

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Good idea telling the MP's about it, but you might want to consider telling the local cops as well. They might do more about it than the MP's would if you file a formal complaint. Also, it should remain on the cars record so when he gets pulled over next time he won't just get a warning since they can see from his record he's not a gooddriver.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts