• leave unpainted or primed

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Selling your soul?? I'm buying
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bought a new or used fairing and im not sure if i want to paint the for looks or for the track. how would you use a second set of fairings.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Rattle can it flat black. Do it carefully using a primer and then a a fine grit wet sandpaper.

You'll have a cool looking set of plastics that were cheap to have painted and will be cheap to repaint in a crash.

·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rhino lining the fairings, so in the event of a crash, the fairings would hold up better. i think, right?

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
lil' redneck girl said:
nah....bet they'd hold up AMAZINGLY at the track!
yeah something tells me that the asphault on a race track would tear right thru rhino lining... so it would be fairly useless to save them. now maybe some spray on Kevlar would do the trick...

·
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it might tear through them, but i bet you would still be able to use them at least one more time for the track, rather than throwing them away.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Custom paint job all the way. Then again, I don't frequent the race track because I'm so stinking poor.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
me personally b/c i have no track experience, i wouldn't get a custom job just for the fact that i'd be afraid to mess it up..of course that goes w/my experience level..just my .02

·
Registered
23 Posts
rhino lining

one of my buddies has rhino lined his fairings and upper piece and it looks really nice with the blue. its a thin coating that is put on and does hold. he has laid it over on a curb and didnt do anything to it. im not sure about a 80mph lay over but it certainly serves a purpose.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I'm all about the rhino lining if you are going to stunt. But you don't want that much weight on the bike at the track.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts