Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am shopping for another second generation 600rr, and came accross a "mint" 2007 red/black with 4xxx miles for $5600. So I double check with the guy that it there's nothing wrong at all with it, and he assures me everything is good, and we agree on $5350 if it passes my inspection. I get there and look it over, immediately noticing that it was very dirty, and the chain had spots of rust all over it. Seeing as he had told me that it was sitting in storage for the past few months and he picked it up just to show me, i decided this wasn't necessarily too big of a deal. Well, i then checked the oil and saw that it was at max on the side stand. Yea... i was about done at that point. He told me that he had just gotten it serviced at a local shop(who i am calling tomorrow by the way), and they couldn't have possibly messed anything up... Now, after seeing the bald stock front tire, i checked the pressures. 15 front 10 rear... i couldn't even get myself to make a reasonable offer. i took my money and left. would you have done the same?

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
I would have pointed all this out, and offered 3,500... after a test ride... negotiate from there.

D

·
0 Posts
I'd have asked him to start it up, just so I could laugh when the engine goes boom...then leave.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeez demented how do you find the time to ride if you never get off the computer? do you sleep?

D

·
0 Posts
Jeez demented how do you find the time to ride if you never get off the computer? do you sleep?
I sleep at odd hours. Job market sucks down here. Spend most of my time browsing for jobs on Monster, Craigslist, and news papers. Too much free...

But, I find time to ride when I have a chance to go to the track. Riding on the street isn't fun.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^lol it is until you have to start looking for another bike

D

·
0 Posts
^lol it is until you have to start looking for another bike
I'm still working on fixing my bike after my last track off. A lot of stuff got messed up in such a weird way that once I go to take it off, there will be no way in hell it'll ever go back on. :retard:
Not too fun.

Check the WERA forums. I've seen some 07+ 600RR's for sale for decent prices there lately.

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
I'm still working on fixing my bike after my last track off.
I would say I'm glad your ok, but ...... I just did so yeah.... Glad your ok...

·
Registered
991 Posts
He thought he was giving me an awesome deal lol
too bad you arent over here in WA man. Im selling my '07 for $5k even and its damn near perfect. Sadly all I have had is a lot of phone calls and flakers. Wish I could find a better market but everyone in this state thinks just because its the rainy season I should drop the price to 50%. Keep looking youll find a good one out there.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, i am going to keep looking. I was just hoping to get one soon so i didn't have to ride my dad's harley around for the rest of the season. At least the longer i wait the easier it will be to get one cheap as people will be shopping for snowmobiles soon. I guess i will just have to work on my current bike till i get something.

·
Registered
266 Posts
<o i am shopping for another second generation 600rr, and came accross a "mint" 2007 red/black with 4xxx miles for $5600. So I double check with the guy that it there's nothing wrong at all with it, and he assures me everything is good, and we agree on $5350 if it passes my inspection. I get there and look it over, immediately noticing that it was very dirty, and the chain had spots of rust all over it. Seeing as he had told me that it was sitting in storage for the past few months and he picked it up just to show me, i decided this wasn't necessarily too big of a deal. Well, i then checked the oil and saw that it was at max on the side stand. Yea... i was about done at that point. He told me that he had just gotten it serviced at a local shop(who i am calling tomorrow by the way), and they couldn't have possibly messed anything up... Now, after seeing the bald stock front tire, i checked the pressures. 15 front 10 rear... i couldn't even get myself to make a reasonable offer. i took my money and left.>

I hate a fu&king smart buyer like u. Sh*t now I can't sell my POS toy(s) because of fu&king people like u. LOL

Are buyers getting smart and sophisticated? Would car/motorcycle dealers disappear soon because of buyers' smartness and sophistication?

There are so many car/motorcycle dealers closed already. This seems to be the trend.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is probably just my ignorance, but educate me... Why was the tire pressure a turn off? It's low but if he really did just get it from storage and its got old tires anyway, whats the big deal?

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is probably just my ignorance, but educate me... Why was the tire pressure a turn off? It's low but if he really did just get it from storage and its got old tires anyway, whats the big deal?
OP might feel different, but to me it would just be an indication that he wasn't even trying to take care of it. IDK about you guys but even if my bike was in storage for a while I would still keep the tire pressure up just because it's really easy to do and I wouldn't want my bike falling apart. If he's not even taking care of that there are bound to be bigger and more important things he isn't taking care of, too.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
It mean that he probably rode it immaturely, and never took really care of it. My bike is pretty much always dirty other than the plastics, but my chain is always clean and taken care of, the oil is always checked and done, and the tires always check them.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
feel like if its a good deal i would jus pick it up. a dirty bike jus gave me more reason to lowball him.

either way i would switch out to new tires and change fluid after i buy it. so it won't make a difference to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts