Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a leftover 09 today with or without ABS. My buddy is lookin right now while we are in Iraq and from calling around and the prices seem outrageous to me!

·
Registered
539 Posts
I paid 8700 OTD... two weeks before the '10s came in.

Also included exhaust + install of exhaust so...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Good or Bad buy ?
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=187561

Wow, I stand corrected. Googled LakeHill Motors:
http://www.yamahadiscountprices.com/
On their front page they list:
2009 Honda CBR600RR
MSRP $10,499.99
LAKE HILL PRICE $6899.99!!!

I gave them a call on the phone, talked to William Stanford (I think his name was). He said it a 09 600rr non-abs was $6950.00 cash out the door; there's some 50 dollar Mississippi charge for all atv's and motorcycles. An 09 600rr abs version is $7850 cash out the door.

I didn't ask what colors or anything like that, but wow that's incredibly cheap. They must have a lot of 2009 stock they need to move before 2010 models show up.

How does that work if I buy a bike in Mississippi and then ride it/trailer it back to the state I live (Texas for me). Do I have to pay any tax or anything to have the title transferred here. Not sure how that works. I am looking for a track bike, but a brand new 09 isn't what I was thinking of for that purpose. More like a lightly lowsided 07+.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
I paid 7300 out the door 5/28/2010 brand new 09 non ABS extended warranty

·
Registered
146 Posts
Several different dealers in central Florida have their leftover '09 600RR stock stickered at $7495. Seems to me if you pay anything more than a sticker price OTD, you're letting them walk all over you.

For some reason, a common attitude is that we should be ready and willing to pay whatever a dealer is asking with smiles on our faces, because we need to "support our local cycle shops", but the bottom line is they're dealers just like every car dealership you've ever driven by, and their prices are marked up ridiculously. Never pay more than a sticker price OTD.

If they don't seem to want to do business with you just because you're not a hollow shell of a man, walk away. Otherwise, enjoy your new bike, and show em repeat business. :shakehand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts