Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what kind of life ( in miles ) does a sportbike get ? Please reply

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
264 Posts
i do believe that when it comes to honda its 100% up to you, it depends on how you take care of it (maintenance and services). Theres a guy here (thirdgenxli) that has a 250k+ f4i. but then again hes a mechanic and takes superhuman care of that baby

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wait I just read you're post again; if you answer the way you asked it. I would say 1-3 years max due to people crashing them or (very hard track use, stunting etc), usually not due to just crapping out; only if poor poor maintenance happens.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It'll last as long as you want it to last, as long as you: a) take care of it and don't ride it like a jackwagon (meaning no WOT banging off the limiter on a stone cold motor right after it starts up, lol), and b) don't crash it beyond repair. Do those 2 things and it'll last probably a lot longer than you plan on keeping it :thumbup:

FWIW mine has 243,400 something miles on it now, had it 8 years now come mid October. Runs like a dream.... just did our 4th trackday a week and a half ago (Labor day the 3rd) at VIR (I'm still slow though... fail, lol). Still ridden daily and reliable as they come... I'd still ride this bike anywhere without a worry in the world. If you're curious how well a 243k mile bike still runs, here ya go.... (this was before I ran out of gas the next session, oops!)

Don't mind my slowness, my first time at this track, haha (and a very technical one at that... still learning). Also all the little weird clicking noises are from the camera and mount, not the bike. My GoPro likes to add it's own sound effects, heh

Soooo yea.... don't think you got anything to worry about for awhile, just go :cruising: and enjoy, no worries

·
Registered
944 Posts
ThirdGen your a ******* beast. nuff said, your bike is amazing! And I couldn't do that track a QUARTER of your speed, your boss as hell no worries bro!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Thirdgen, I faintly recall you had some sort of crash before. Is the 200k miles all on on the original engine? Just wondering, thanks.

To the OP, your bike will last a very long time if you take good care of it. If you are lucky enough and not crash/total it during its lifetime, 100k miles or more is very doable.

Mine has 30k+ miles and runs like brand new.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thirdgen, I faintly recall you had some sort of crash before. Is the 200k miles all on on the original engine? Just wondering, thanks.

To the OP, your bike will last a very long time if you take good care of it. If you are lucky enough and not crash/total it during its lifetime, 100k miles or more is very doable.

Mine has 30k+ miles and runs like brand new.
Yea back in '09 at 177,428 had a lowside and slid into a curb, which did some motor damage when it hit the stator, and bent the and of the crank. Ended up having to replace the crank and that case, but re-used EVERYTHING else (literally, down to the neutral indicator switch, lol). So it's still original pistons/rods/rings/bearings/head/valves/cams/etc. All the wear stuff is still 100% original, only replaced the 2 parts that were damaged. At 177k it hadn't been touched other than a trans repair at 114k. Still on the original clutch too

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
It'll last until you decide you want something new(er)! Or until you wreck it.

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
i do believe that when it comes to honda its 100% up to you, it depends on how you take care of it (maintenance and services). Theres a guy here (thirdgenxli) that has a 250k+ f4i. but then again hes a mechanic and takes superhuman care of that baby
He's also on the 2nd motor. First one was destroyed in a crash on that bike.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sportbikes don't usually kill themselves, People usually kill Sportbikes. The average life I would say 2.5 years, 6000 miles years due to crashes.

With regular maintenance and care there is no reason you can't get at least 150K out of a CBR600rr.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts