• Get a normal CBR600F4i

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

freshed introduced i wanna get straight into my most burning question?

I will get a CBR600RR as my first Bike. The question is now from which years period / years span i should grab one to get the most of bang for buck? I read through wiki and the different upgrades from version to version but i wont even act i does understand it or how much of a difference did this update bring to the table.

I will use the bike as a city bike(work, gym). On the weekends small tours, till i feel confident enough and to shift to driving on tracks.

A lot will ask why this model for me as a beginner. Im tall and big... (6'7 235), Mature and Humble. I like sport bikes waaaay more then nakeds (better looking).

Which one would you recommand me?

·
Registered
483 Posts
That's like asking which of your children you like the best. They're all good.

You can't go wrong with any of them. And they're not all that different performance wise for a street rider.

Personally I prefer the fairing style of the 07-08s. But it's easy to put those fairing on an 09-12.

Just sold my F4i that I thought I'd keep forever. It's noticeably more comfortable for tall riders (I'm 6'2").

All sport bikes will be a hard fit for someone 6'7" though. You may want to get a larger framed bike, like a ZX14 :)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
If you’ve done all that research you already know the answer to your question, right?

For a rider as tall as you are, and with the riding you plan to do, an F4i or a CBR650F would be a much better choice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an '07. I'm 5'10". I don't want to be discouraging, but honestly I can't imagine 6'7" on a CBR600. You might have sat on one for a few minutes, but I think after even 30 minutes of riding your legs and hips are going to be screaming. You should somehow make sure you've ridden one for at least 30 minutes or an hour before purchasing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts