Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a guy who will custom paint my bike for me, i really love the 1000rr scheme (yellow and blue), what do you think? 1000rr paint job on a 600rr? seem like a poser (sorry dont know what other way to say it) thing to do? i just want some outside opinions! thanks

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
im not much for that scheme but if you like it make sure his work is GOOD. we dont want no stinkin rattlecan paint jobs

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm with ya, but if I was going to do it, I'd do a slight variation. Maybe some repsol wings in yellow, or something like the stock wings in yellow. If you're getting Jace to do it, I'm sure he's creative enough to make a cool variation on the overall scheme.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SPR SLO said:
I'm with ya, but if I was going to do it, I'd do a slight variation. Maybe some repsol wings in yellow, or something like the stock wings in yellow. If you're getting Jace to do it, I'm sure he's creative enough to make a cool variation on the overall scheme.

yeah bro jace is doin it, im so confused on what to do! i am gettin it done before the ROT rally in austin! :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
SPR SLO said:
I agree. Just so that you have your own twist to it. I think it would look good. It is different. Thats whats cool now days. Being different!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't know him personally, just have seen his recent pics of his work on SL. Make sure it's bright with lots of sparkles.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Its yellow decals with clear coat on them over blue paint, shouldn't be hard to replicate. I think honda HAD a 600RR scheme like this but only in europe. I could be wrong. I know they have the blue already out on the bike, look on ebay for the blue fairings then all you need is to find a way replicate and clearcoat the decals.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it will be all painted, hes good at replicating them, he replicated alstar (gsxr) graphics with paint, looked amazing

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Dude if you like it do it. I think it would look good if it is done correctly

·
Registered
428 Posts
In my opinion i would NOT do any variations, do exactly like the 1000s, it will be a conversation piece, it wil confuse people at the same time drawing attention to the bike. I like to make people think i say spitting image of the 1000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts