Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Looking to buy a cheap reliable truck. It doesn't have to be pretty at all. I just want it to be able to carry a sports bike. What kinda truck would you guys suggest? I keep hearing people talking about Rangers. How's the F150? What about Toyota trucks? I want it to be reliable. The last thing I want is to be stuck on the side of the road.

My price range is pretty cheap: ~$3000/$4000 or cheaper for that matter. lemmie know...

or, i was thinking of getting a car and a trailor... right now i have a prius which wouldn't be able to haul/tow anything...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Your buddy's truck?? Depending on how many days you do renting a truck is also a possibility

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get a trailer it's cheaper, like 500 bucks and you could use what ever car you have.....
problem is that i have a toyota prius. the manual explicitly states not to haul. :( i thought about it tho

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AMEN! I have an '86 4x4 SWB but it still hauls great with the tailgate down.
dang... that sounds like a plan... i'mma look for something like that... sounds cheap :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
:sad3:prius :supergay:

+1 on the older Toyota truck....F150's are decent too, but better reliability, gas mileage etc from the Toyota, if you can find one that isn't more rust than it is paint..

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just bought a base model 07 Tacoma and was surprised how far they have evolved. Way better than my 01 Toyota and still gets decent gas mileage, oh yeah with the Japanese reliability. If you steer toward a Ranger watch out for the automatics, heard many times about how FU they are. Man uses a clutch anyway.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ford Rangers are tuff trucks and they are cheap too. I had a 95 Ranger Splash 2.3 four banger w/ 248,000 miles on her before I finally sold it. Still ran great too

·
Registered
422 Posts
Bet that 2.3 had a clutch. What I should of said clearer is that Rangers are having a lot of slushbox problems of late. Ford motors are bullet proof.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bet that 2.3 had a clutch. What I should of said clearer is that Rangers are having a lot of slushbox problems of late. Ford motors are bullet proof.
so you're saying... the ranger's motor is good.. it's the automatic transmission that has the problem... so go with a stick shift?

what do you guys think is better... ford ranger? or old toyota truck? lemmie know..

thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:sad3:prius :supergay:

+1 on the older Toyota truck....F150's are decent too, but better reliability, gas mileage etc from the Toyota, if you can find one that isn't more rust than it is paint..
thanks joe... in my defense, my plan was this... if i get a prius, i'll get the bike... if i don't get a bike, i'd get an STI. hahaha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts