Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an A* leather jacket at the moment (see below) but to mee it feels kind of heavy and honestly it makes me not want to wear it when riding, not good I know.

Can anyone recommend a lighter jacket (weight) that still offers good protection.

I wear a size 48 in A*

Thanks

James

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just bought a real light mesh jacket made by Joe rocket. Not crazy about the fit or looks but it has all the armor that my A* has and f*** is it cooler. I live in south MS so it stays at about 95 F with 100% humidity and it's still comfortable. I hope not to crash but I think that jacket should provide enough protection for my daily commute.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a real light mesh jacket made by Joe rocket. Not crazy about the fit or looks but it has all the armor that my A* has and f*** is it cooler. I live in south MS so it stays at about 95 F with 100% humidity and it's still comfortable. I hope not to crash but I think that jacket should provide enough protection for my daily commute.
Thanks, I'm typically not too crazy about mesher's only cause of all the pics you see with people having red arms and such after an off. I'll take a look at it but i'm really looking for a leather jacket still.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the AGV sport Laguna leather jacket here http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree...ets/agv/laguna_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

It's all holes and vents extremely well. I crash tested it at about 60 mph with no injuries to my self and or the jacket. Seams are still fine and none of the stitching has pulled out. I still wear it obviously. I was also wearing the leather sport pants zipped to it at the time. I can only wear it in the summer months here in Oregon due to the how much venting the jacket does. It does fit tight as it has a race cut, so bear that in mind. I have a more relaxed fit moto gp leather jacket that is more comfy to wear around, but doesn't vent like this one.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the AGV sport Laguna leather jacket here http://www.motorcyclegear.com/stree...ets/agv/laguna_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

It's all holes and vents extremely well. I crash tested it at about 60 mph with no injuries to my self and or the jacket. Seams are still fine and none of the stitching has pulled out. I still wear it obviously. I was also wearing the leather sport pants zipped to it at the time. I can only wear it in the summer months here in Oregon due to the how much venting the jacket does. It does fit tight as it has a race cut, so bear that in mind. I have a more relaxed fit moto gp leather jacket that is more comfy to wear around, but doesn't vent like this one.
Thanks, the A* has a smaller fit too, I'm a 42 but have to wear a 48 to fit somewhat comfortably.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
i know someone who had a bad wreck in a mesh joe rocket and it held up well. i have the a* t-dyno textile. without the liner it's very light

·
Registered
113 Posts
I also live In ms and I just got a mesh shift jacket. I also want a leather jacket but as hot as it is here I dont think I'd hang up the mesh jacket to rock the leather and have a heat stroke.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I came across the same problem here in Texas. Where right now its 102 degrees and very very high humidity. I want a leather jacket but not sure its possible for me to wear without soaking all my clothes. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wear under armor under the leather gear during spirited rides. Keeps things much more comfy even in extreme heat. Back off on the spirited ridding when your wearing regular clothes to hang out in, and wear mesh gear over. I've seen some crashes wear mesh or textile did a decent job, and some where the person still came out a bit rashed. I've personally gone down in leather twice. Full suits once street, and once track. The leather is wearable again, and I had no injuries on either low sides. I won't ride spirited without leather period.

·
Premium Member
51,156 Posts
thanks guys i'll look into the taichi's seems to be the majority recommendation
Great jacket indeed one thing for sure its not light weight but the protection
is simply the best in the business i had the GMX Motion and now i got the T-Raps Black version + FL sun ain't fun but the goal is protection after all :banger:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Go either Dainese or RS Taichi. The leather isn't as heavy but it's some of the best gear around.
Couldn't agree more! I've got both and def can vouch that the "less expensive" stuff do the job but the weight and quality you see and feel right off the hop! Go Dainese & RS Taichi.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.