Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a set of HID lights for my 2011 CBR600RR, what would you guys recommend and where would you buy them from online?

Heres a picture of my bike, Veronikka Sex on wheels.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
It depends on what you want. Do you want just HID lights or projectors. If you just want HID lights then HID or Volt make good stuff. If you want projectors I would personally recommend getting some from the guys at Retro Solutions. The ones I linked are the ones you need, in small.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok im really sorry im new to the mods and couldnt find a good answer on google but whats the difference between HID's and projectors. Thank you for the response.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I went with the Volt kit due to some people saying they haze the lense. Mines a 4300k kit. Unbelievable the difference in lighting.

Low beam

High Beam

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy **** thats bright! Wheres the best place to buy these and what am i looking at for a good price range to for decent quality. Also is it very difficult to install?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought my Volt kit from XenonExpert on this site a few years ago. I have them on my
'07. Never had a problem with the Volts. Very nice to see at night! Only thing is no one will ride in front of me due to them being so bright...

·
Registered
704 Posts
DDM tuning h7 bulbs
35watt 5k

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
+1 had it on for 3 years and no hazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok thank you everyone for your input but what bulbs and do i need spacers or w.e and whats the color thing like the 4000k or w..e. Sorry im not familiar with the whole HID set up

·
Registered
931 Posts
DDM tuning h7 bulbs
35watt 5k

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
I went 55w. No regrets. They are great. If you go through them, they will send you everything you need. Its a plug and play system. Male to female, and then you just got to hide it all. Good luck.

Also, lifetime warranty!

·
Registered
827 Posts
this thread has me in a mental sh!tstorm lol. I was personally dead set on the volt kit, but these projector HIDs/angel eyes just look so badass. However, i am not super wrench savvy when it comes to these things, makes me nervous.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts