Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats considered high mileage on a bike. i hear every 1000 is like 10,000 on a car. im just worried cuz my 2month old 06' now has 3300 miles on it. and i dont really plan on selling it soon

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
It depends on where you are at.
Up north, as in VA and up anything over 10k is considered high.
Yet when i told my cousin in FL i cracked 20k, he was liek me too, thats just being broken in. Cats here in VA are liek DAYYUUUMMM!!!! when i tell em the same thing.

See what determines it is this. How many riding months does that state have, how long is the riding season?

If it year round, then 20k cats might be like thats fine man, it sjust broken in, but in like NY where they may only get 6month out of the year to really ride, then a 2 yo bike with 20k miles liek mine was is insane.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Don't worry bout the mileage.You bought it to ride right. Just keep it properly maintained. I have about 11K on my 05 which would have more but it was taken apart about a month for mods. I'm always looking for a reason to ride mine and don't think twice about miles. So to answer your question I think your example is right about the 10 to 1. Anything over about 5K a year is probably high.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
my 03 just turned 33k miles i am upset no do i worry about it hell no
i bought it to ride so lets go riding

·
19,904 Posts
moeman said:
there u go right there, Florida riders man.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
I've put 13k on my 04 and everyone is like, "You want get to much out of it when you sell it." I don't plan on selling it, and don't care what other people think. I bought it to ride not pose.

·
Registered
16 Posts
moeman said:

i'm sorry but i can't following this statement at all.. i get the lets go riding part though

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
ChrisB said:
Anything over 5k a yr is considered high?.
NAh man thats a crock of sh1t!! 5,000 aint nothing... I got a Honda ACE 1100 and i got almost 50,000 on it and it purrs like a kitten never had a problem.... its like a car, just take care of it.

Another guy I used to ride with had a 2002 Yamaha Venture and he sold it with 120,000 miles on it and it still purring like a kitten as well.

88 Honda Hurricane 1000 60,000 miles....runs like new!!!

·
19,904 Posts
he bought it to ride, and then he's saying "So lets go ride"
hes asking questions, is he upset, is he worried? NO. HELL NO!

I bought my 03 with 10k on it, i had it for 3 months exactly vefor ei deployed. and when i put it in storage it had like 215** miles on it.
In 3 months.

·
19,904 Posts
thats how u can tell the AMCO ANGELS apart from real riders.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok cool i just wanted to see what everyone thought. thats my feeling...i bought it to ride it. i guess it wouldn't hurt to play some tourist trophu now and again but i cant seem not to high side every turn..haha

·
Registered
613 Posts
Keep on top of the maintenance and she'll do 200,000km without too much trouble.

I've put 18,000km on mine in 6 months. Lovin' it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If you think about it, you can usually get what you want out of a bike no matter how many miles are on it. You know what they say, "theres an ass for every seat." Really depends on what condition its in other than the miles. On another site I frequent, a guy was selling his bike and every one was telling him "you'll never get that much for that bike, blahblah". Sold the next day...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts