Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please edumacate me but what is the fusses with Repsol bike? Do they have better performance or just the color scheme that everyone likes? Why is everyone head over hill for this "Repsol" bike? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
It's just a paint job.

Do you know the history of Repsol Honda in GP? Basically, it's the one of the most sought-after teams in motorcycle racing. The Repsol bike has seen so many amazing riders sporting their colors that even having Honda offer us a replica starts making us believe we are badasses :D

I was lucky enough to ride one side by side with a 08 1000RR. High quality pics too!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see. I didn't know the history behind it. I just thought because Rossi has one and everyone just look up to it.

So it is a Honda "best" built racing bike.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nope, it's a Honda best painted bike ever...other than the HRC 1000RR for 2009...I like it better...
All the technical stuff is the same as on other color RRs...

IT's ONLY A COLOR SCHEME THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!

D

·
0 Posts
I see. I didn't know the history behind it. I just thought because Rossi has one and everyone just look up to it.

So it is a Honda "best" built racing bike.
Rossi hasn't been on a Repsol bike in 5 years or so. :p

·
Registered
84 Posts
Please edumacate me but what is the fusses with Repsol bike? Do they have better performance or just the color scheme that everyone likes? Why is everyone head over hill for this "Repsol" bike? :dontknow:
Holy crap...you beat me to the punch! I was gonna ask the SAME question today after seeing someone park their Repsol replica on the bike(bicycle; not motorcycle) rack at my university. I guess having one gives them the right to do so....:bootyshak

·
Registered
923 Posts
all want a repsol bike trust me if not maybe 3 of 5 riders want the repsol bike me in the 3 :D i love it since i see it wow!! the scheme is crazy and bad ass like the other guys say and i think always a bike with a special scheme be attractive. i think

rodrigo

·
Registered
882 Posts
correct me if im wrong fellas,...i cant remember exactly where i got this info, but if i remember correctly, honda thought it was a good idea to make a street version of the rcv212...which turned out to be the 600 and 1000 "racing replicas" (hence the name "RR"). since our bikes have almost the same look (body outline) as the rcv212, getting the repsol graphics on a 600rr really would give the bike that badass GP look

D

·
0 Posts
correct me if im wrong fellas,...i cant remember exactly where i got this info, but if i remember correctly, honda thought it was a good idea to make a street version of the rcv212...which turned out to be the 600 and 1000 "racing replicas" (hence the name "RR"). since our bikes have almost the same look (body outline) as the rcv212, getting the repsol graphics on a 600rr really would give the bike that badass GP look
Wrong. Both the 600rr and 1000rr came out years before the RC212v.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
its just a bunch of stickers, from what ive been told... even the vin# has nothing to signify anything more than an RR, but costs more.... it aint that pretty!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts