Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let me first start out with saying I HATE that I have to sell my bike, only had her a year. I am currently considered a senior at KU (Kansas University) in the Computer Engineering field and well I got my financial aid for the year and it just isn't enough for me to go to school on for the year. So my bike has to go. I was just hoping that I could get a little advice on how much I should expect to get for her. Obviously I want to get as much as I can for her but if you guys could give me a realistic price range I'd really appreciate it.

She's a 2008 silver Honda CBR 600RR, currently at 8500 miles. She has a few modifications done to her;

• Proton flush mount turnsignals
  • Hyperflo exhaust with the fender elminator kit and blinkers
  • up one down two conversion (I believe this changes the mileage a bit)
  • shogun frame sliders
I am also including my riding jacket and helmet they are;

Like I said I don't really want to sell her but it just has to happen, sorry if this isn't the correct thread for this, I am not trying to sell it on here just get an idea of what she is worth. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Well let me first start out with saying I HATE that I have to sell my bike, only had her a year. I am currently considered a senior at KU (Kansas University) in the Computer Engineering field and well I got my financial aid for the year and it just isn't enough for me to go to school on for the year. So my bike has to go. I was just hoping that I could get a little advice on how much I should expect to get for her. Obviously I want to get as much as I can for her but if you guys could give me a realistic price range I'd really appreciate it.

She's a 2008 silver Honda CBR 600RR, currently at 8500 miles. She has a few modifications done to her;

• Proton flush mount turnsignals
  • Hyperflo exhaust with the fender elminator kit and blinkers
  • up one down two conversion (I believe this changes the mileage a bit)
  • shogun frame sliders
I am also including my riding jacket and helmet they are;

Like I said I don't really want to sell her but it just has to happen, sorry if this isn't the correct thread for this, I am not trying to sell it on here just get an idea of what she is worth. Thank you in advance!
First of all there is no definite answer. Values will be different throughout every state and even your own area code. Go to kbb.com and search for the value of your bike. Take what you put into the bike and forget it, because you'll never get back what you put into a bike and it doesn't increase the value at all (generally speaking) unless someone really wants what you have or the bike is totally custom for an example. That should answer your question. Go do a search on Craigslist too, see what people are asking for theirs and you can come up FOR YOURSELF a comfortable number. I would not rely on a members estimated amount that they think is "about right.." Hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just bought an 08 silver with 9500 miles on it. It was bone stock, but in pristine condition and I paid $6300 and felt pretty good about it since it was so well taken care of. Hope that gives you a ballpark. I wouldn't expect to get any more for your mods or riding gear.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it... that being said you should have no problem getting lowest price of about $5700

·
Registered
233 Posts
If I was buying (I just bought my 07 yesterday) I would offer you $5900 if it's flawless, maybe $6100 with the gear.

If I was you, I'd ask for $6500-$6800 and let people talk you down a little so they feel like they got a deal.

Like others have said though, location is a huge factor. Checking craigslist is a great idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts