Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time, need new tires on the bike , whats the best gripping tire for the streets something that lasts and it sticky, lookn for alot of grip.
Anybody have any suggestions

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pretty sure the more grip you get, the less time a tire will last. That said, I think there are some nice dual compound tires out there I just can't think of the name.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya, im finding that, my tires r only lasting just one riding season , so its looking to be a yearly thing

·
Registered
962 Posts
Pilot Power 2CT's seem to be a fav
I run BT-016 Bridgestones.

Much cheaper but still really good quality

·
Registered
91 Posts
What's wrong with replacing with another set of the stock tires? They seem great to me on the street...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
According to a recent tire writeup in Sport Rider magazine:

1.Michelin Pilot Power 2CT
2.Metzeler Sportec M3
3.Bridgestone BT-016

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Michelin Pilot Power here for regular commuting. I would buy 2CT if you're planning to do very little track days here and there and it's good on street as well.

What I like best on the Michelin is its lean angle, the traction, the compound, and the quality. I will suck you right in when you leaning on a turn. I rode Dunlop Qualifiers once and didn't like it much. As soon as I'm back on my Michelin, I get better handling and lean angle. By that, I mean the effort of leaning lower is less than that of other tires. Besides that, I noticed almost all luxury cars and SUVs use Michelin.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
pick any

Pirelli DCIII's
Bridgestone BT002RS
Metzeler M3's
or Michelin 2ct's

if you "run out" of grip on any of these, you f*d up. don't blame the tire.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts