Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in Canada and i took my bike out for a spin at 30F which is around -2C.

anyone beat me ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
19F ? that's hardcore lol

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
- 6*C with a quick twist of the throttle and the wheel would spin up,,, Cold conditions = slippy tires,,, be careful when it is that cold

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've ridden when it's in the mid 20's a couple of times, I think it's impossible to be warm when it's that cold. I ride to school no matter what, it's only about 2 miles and I'm freezing when I get there.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i had to take the msf course again before i pcs'd...27 degrees that morning. it was me and the instructor and we finished in 2 hours! as long as it's dry i'll ride in any temp. the right gear goes along way...kinda like wearing a jacket if you are going to be riding a motorcycle...hint hint...

later

·
Registered
821 Posts
Last week on the way to school, it was -16C (3F)/ -23C (-9F) with the windchill. That was 7:30am. That's the coldest I've ridden in.

No, I'm not making that up.

I got to school and was greeted with my friends saying things like, "WTF is wrong with you."

But it finally snowed 15cm yesterday... There's fresh sheets of gravel and salt. I think my season is over!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow... i look like a pansy with my 30F haha !

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Mid 20's for 3-4 hr ride full leathers get stiff. I took the CRF70 around the neighborhood in a snow storm with 1' on the ground around 7 degrees with a 30-40 mph wind. But it was just a 10 minute rip so it dont count ,fun though.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I rode 45mins mid 20's to mid 30's for a couple weeks every day. No heated grips, just Joe rocket Meteor 6 jacket with line, KBC VR2 helmet, Ballistic 5.0 pants, Joe Rocket supermoto gloves with vented knuckles. I was shoving my hands in the radiator vents, and putting them under the rear to heat them back up anytime I slowed down. My hands were purple every day and would go numb for about another hour so I stopped riding and switched to the car. It usually doesn't get below the 30s but we get really cold streaks occasionally. The jacket was the warmest part for sure

·
Registered
300 Posts
25 roughly for me...and im on a road with a speed limit of 55 for 15 minutes...it gets really cold. but ill ride no matter what the conditions are...(conditions in my area not anywhere.lol)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I rode last week at 12F in Wisconsin (88) mile round trip to work. I just wore my snowmobile gear. Wasn't too bad. Get's a little nerve racking because the tires won't get to temp and are pretty slick. You really need to be carefull.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Around 20-25F a few weeks ago. Was only a 10-15 minute trip, but I haven't lost feeling in my fingers that fast, ever.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts