Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only wondering because I just got home after a 6 hour, 404 mile ride. I came from Glasgow in Scotland to London and man what a tiring ride! All motorways, half of it in the dark, luckily it wasn't raining, but even with all that I absolutely love my RR. It is comfortable, so responsive, I can get great millage out of a tank of fuel, only had to stop twice for petrol and it is just quicker than anything else on the road!!

So please tell all about your longest ride?

Peace and safe riding

·
Registered
12 Posts
My longest ride is only 251.9 miles, to be exact! From Albany NY to Newcomb NY (Adirondack Mountains), no highway riding up, all highway home. Good twisties and awesome scenery. I will say, the warmer you are, the better the ride. It was around Oct 1, I chose to wear a sweatshirt under my mesh jacket instead of taking the good windproof insulated liner that came with my textile riding jacket. STUPID. Anyway, I was cold riding home and it sucked the energy right out of me. Lesson learned!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can sympathize, I have a great frank thomas jacket with inner lining and a big thick sweater underneath but my hands feel numb after 3/4 of an hour or so even with new spada winter gloves and inner gloves!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I haven't taken a long ride on my RR yet, but when I had my '91 Ninja EX500 I rode from Omaha, Nebraska to Kansas City, Missouri on that uncomfortable narrow seat. Stopped once for gas. It's about 190 miles give or take a few. I made it 3/4 of the way before I stopped. If I didn't have to get gas I still would have stopped because I was switching from one butt cheek to other at this point trying to keep my ass from going numb! :cursin:

I might try to make another trip down there on the RR with my gf and her brother this summer. Sometime, maybe this summer, I plan on road tripping on the RR all the way back home to Jefferson City, Missouri (around 350 miles one way, again give or take a few). :cruising:

·
Registered
83 Posts
237 miles in one go. One stop for dinner, From Salt Lake City Utah, to Torrey Utah a.k.a. Capitol Reef national park. On my triumph speed triple

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
450+ miles stoping only for nicoteen and gas.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Longest nonstop was about 400 miles on my bike (only stopping for gas). I ran about 600 in a day once. That was spread out though.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
went from minnesota to seattle, then up to vancouver, then back through canada, then dropped down. Obviously not in one day, i did it in a bit over a week. Went to seattle to visit people. Longest I rode though was minnesota to idaho and i left at 10am in the morning and stopped when it was pitch black and early morning. I was on a mission.

Tank bag, good bar ends, mp3 player, (tank bag full of soft clothes to lay on) and you're ready to rock and roll for 1000+ miles :)

I was younger at the time of course haha. I will say that british columbia has the best riding i've ever seen in my life. went back along our border on their side and omg it's just drop dead AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
16 hours straight....Deals Gap to home in Ontario Canada. Through pouring rain, and last 4 in the dark. Damn, but we loved it. Amazing how much you bond with a bike during such a long ride.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Longest mileage wise for me is 5,126.3 miles over 18 awesome days back in 2006. Started in south Florida, then to GA, NC, VA, WV, OH, IN, IL, KY, TN, and then back to south Florida

Longest in the shortest amount of time was a Saddlesore 1000 ride back in 2007.... right around 1100 miles in 22 hours straight from south Florida to Albany, GA and back

After that.... 3700 miles from Atlanta, GA to Tucson, AZ and back in 7 days, 5.5 of which was straight riding time. 2.5 solid days to get out there, 3 solid days to get back

Then 3400 miles from Atlanta, GA to northern IL, then to Columbus, OH, then Port Huron, MI, back to OH, then across WV, and back home to Atlanta in 13 days

There's a few others too but they're all under 3000 miles

All trips done on my F4i :) I love roadtrips on my bike!! :cruising:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My longest run was about 550 miles in one go. I rode from my place here on the coast of CA to my parents' place in Nevada, just south of Reno, at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountain rainge. It was a really cool experience and I'm glad I did it once, but the dead straight and HOT roads ATE my tires, so I'll more than likely never do it again. The scenery was cool in some places, but most of it was just lame dirt, lol.

A very close second, and so far my favorite ride I've ever done was the 300 some odd miles taking all backroads along the coast from my house to San Francisco. It was my first time in SF. I was there for an hour, then had to pack it up and head home, hahaha!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Those are some hardcore trips. Looking to travel from Seattle WA to Kalispel MT in one go this summer. Brand new to motorcycling and my bike thus far, riding beyond a couple hours is agony, figure more riding will get my legs used to the bike.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Those are some hardcore trips. Looking to travel from Seattle WA to Kalispel MT in one go this summer. Brand new to motorcycling and my bike thus far, riding beyond a couple hours is agony, figure more riding will get my legs used to the bike.
Actually....becuase we did our long trip early in the year, we did a few shorter day trips leading up to it. This kinda got us used to the bike and worked those muscles which were not used all winter. When we finally did our trip, the bike and seat position were not an issue. Try to get some seat time leading up to your trip. It'll help I promise.

·
Registered
793 Posts
No iron butt here

750 miles on my GS, around 200 on my 1kRR. I can't imagine doing more than maybe 350 in a day on the RR unless I was doing some serious speeding.

I'm plotting my route form Dallas to the the WSBK races in SLC this year and I'm hoping to get in one 800+ mile day to get started so I can make there earlier on Friday and catch more of the festivities.. The trade off is less 'scenic' riding but I'm saving that for the return trip.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts