Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious question.... I read so many stories on the net of stolen bikes, and here about so many locally that it made me wonder. How long can you actually have a bike before some ******* takes it. I keep my bike in my garage and I still worry about it. Does anyone chain your bike up even though its in a garage.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The bike being in the Garage and the door closed shut does not really mean its safe
i use my 2 locks specailly if i wont be home for a while such as going to work , out of town , shopping trip with the family , errands etc etc

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
You buy it from the dealer. Drive to McDonalds to grab a burger. While you're eating it, someone throws it in the back of a van. 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Come on usmcr6.. I know that was a joke 'n all but try to be serious for a damn second!! 15 minutes tops.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I have motion detectors protecting mine in the garage..
I had my first f4i stolen after 1 year.. I a parking garage with security and cameras!!!! No one saw a thing!!! Go figure now access control and cameras are what I do...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Alex_RR said:
Serious question.... I read so many stories on the net of stolen bikes, and here about so many locally that it made me wonder. How long can you actually have a bike before some ******* takes it. I keep my bike in my garage and I still worry about it. Does anyone chain your bike up even though its in a garage.

i live in an appartment, i chain my bike to the drainage thingy, and i ordered a scorpio alarm.... and a .9mm just in case...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Bikes are in the garage, no locks or anything, heck even the keys are in the ignition. Neighbors know I have bikes, and I have a race trailer (also unsecured other than a hitch lock) with sponsor stickers, sitting in the driveway. Never had a bike stolen or tampered with in all of these 5 years.

Guess it depends on your area. My neighborhood is fairly low-crime.

[Knocks on wood. LOL]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
But seriously, 3 months is all it took. In a locked garage. Make sure nobody is following you home. Be wary of who you you ride with and more importantly who their friends are.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
I can leave my front door wide open while going on vacation and no one will take anything from my house. Chrime is so low here I don't have to worry about it. I could leave my bike parked in the driveway with the key in it.

It's pretty bad when you look at the police reports and they have things like. "Stray dog walking in street. Police dispatched." or "Squirrel in house. Police dispatched."

There is such a lack of things to do for the cops because of the lack of chrime here that they try hard to find something to do.

K

·
0 Posts
cojolio said:
i ordered a scorpio alarm.... and a .9mm just in case...
a .9mm? wtf is that? does it shoot hardened spagetti noodle fragments or mechanical pencil lead or something?!

hahahahahahaha!

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Knightslugger said:
a .9mm? wtf is that? does it shoot hardened spagetti noodle fragments or mechanical pencil lead or something?!

hahahahahahaha!
Hahaha, pencil lead!!!!!

I even cover my bike up with a blanket so when I open the garage to put the car in, people passing by can't see a bike in there.

I would love to live in a safe neigborhood like yours Tomimoto. Unfortunately my neighborhood is not the best; I am convinced that my neighbors sell drugs and I don't trust them one bit. Maybe I should get myself a little spagetti shooter...

·
Registered
393 Posts
hey hey thats all i need for now! ... dont worry i shoot the other stuff...m14 m24 m249 and the 240b for whoever knows what those are lol...my brother has a 45 too just incase i need to make the pencil hole bigger.... but no need:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Alex_RR said:
i block mine with the car and put the car alarm on in the garage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts