Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, i always start my bikes regularly even when not riding them (if i travel for work) just curious on others?

What are opinions on the longest acceptable time to not start a bike if in storage? My brother in-law is thinking of buying a 600rr also but he's found one that was in storage for 6 months, the owner said the battery went flat but it still starts first go every time since.
Probably not an issue, just curious on others opinions?

Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 10 days, but I live where I can ride year round.
Yeah i think thats about the same for me, i ride all year round as well, sold my cars now i only have the RR, my other half has a car if i ever need one.

Whats your thoughts on a bike that hasn't been started for 6 months? it has 1400km on the clock, guy who had it has bad forearms from bricklaying his whole life so couldn't ride it much, its a 2009.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
It's when ever the hell I feel like it. We got maybe 8 inches of snow just today, roads are packed with snow, I'm thinking I'm going to take the bike out if my brake caliper doesn't come in the mail.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
If the bike is stored for the winter and stored properly, you should not start it. Pull the battery and a call it a winter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
True, starting it up and revving does more harm than good and doesn't give you the chance to charge the battery like it does when you ride it, and ride it hard.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
A battery is cheap to replace, but may also need new tires, could have flat spots depending on storage conditions. You mainly need 3 things depending on how it's going to be stored:

1) Battery Tender - battery should be store in temperature controlled environment to prevent it from freezing

2) Fuel Stabilizer - I think it's good for at least 1 year

3) Anti-Freeze - make sure there's antifreeze in the bike if he's going to buy it, BEFORE he buys it.

* Optional - front/rear lift to keep them off the ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts