• 49+ Hour Shift - You Da Man!!

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here I am again still at work because everyone else in my work section are dumb asses that can't be counted on.

Right now I'm sitting at hour 20, I wonder how much longer they are going to make me stay. Oooo and no I don't get over time, I'm in the military.

Anyways what's the longest you have work straight without sleep? My record is 46 hours before they let me go home.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
natecoop said:
almost 3 whole days while we were out on a field exercise. that sucked!!
fuuuuuuuuuuuu....kkkkk that... done 17 hours at a movie theater in high school. 14 hours since then

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Did some 16-18 hours a day when under the gun trying to meet the schedule on a theater renovation. The show must go on.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Done a 6:30am till about 5pm the following day. Got hungry around 10pm and ordered a pizza, it was kind of a working lunch. Hated being in management and understaffed but my inventory results rocked!

·
Registered
6 Posts
yea i worked three 48 hours the other day. but im in the military to, and im deployed. sometimes you feel better not sleeping when bullets and scuds are constantly flying by.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
sometimes it just makes time go by easier when you're doing stuff. wheni was deployed there was a number of times wheni was working 2 days straight, just found stuff to work on. then there were the times were we had no choice in the matter (casualties coming in).

·
Registered
63 Posts
This winter I worked for like three days straight, like 47 hours. I work at Detroit metro and was deicing aircraft and had to stay there and deice planes over night it sucked but the check was sweet.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I have to do a lot of traveling with my job, The worst I remember was 28 hours of driving to and from South Carolina plus 10 hours in a steel plant at 110°F in mid summer in less than 48 hours. Therre was a hotel involved but I can't sleep in those places.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Believe it or not, when I was still doing Jerky on my small cooker trying to keep up. I did one weekend where I started at 6pm on friday night and worked straight thru till about 1 am that sunday. Not sure how many hours that was...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
i think you should put, Military guys need not vote here....

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
My longest shifts were military of course. but my brother works onsite field engineering on oil rigs in the gulf of mexico and he regularly goes 50+ hours with only 20-30 minute naps every so often. Hell I have enough trouble staying awake for 6 hours. :)

C

·
0 Posts
I was in the military, I remember going 3 days straight without sleep once when our ship broke its mooring in bad weather. It was a mess....we had a sub along side the ship and it was pinned between the barge next to the ship and the ship. After the weather finally died down, which took a long time...we had to clean up the mess. Good times!

·
Registered
984 Posts
16 and 18 hour shifts covering for co-workers who do not show up. You military guys work some crazy hours, but thank you for your hard work.

·
What ever its supposed to be....
907 Posts
eazy e said:
..... I started at 6pm on friday night and worked straight thru till about 1 am that sunday. Not sure how many hours that was...
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10...... Darn I ran out of fingers. he he eh

I don't know about work, but I slept for 20 hours straight one time.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
does being on a deployment count???? if so i would have to say 7 months straight!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts