Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Whats the Most Popular Oil - A POLL

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats the Most Popular Oil? What type of oil do you use.
Sure, lots use Motul, Amsoil, Mobil. Post your views here. Whats your oil?
Apologies for any oils not listed, theres lots... and the poll is limited to 10.
(which is the maximum allowed)

·
Registered
573 Posts
I like to use Motul 5100 synthetic blend and an OEM oil filter. i don't know i've just been using this oil ever since my first bike (91 honda F2) and again in my old 01 F4i. stuff seems to work good for me

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
we use only MOTUL at our shop. shop oil is Motul 5100... but we have ample supply of 3000 or 300V (for the customer that wants motul full synthetic). we use K&N or OEM oil filters only.

we use motul mainly because the customers are very happy with that brand as it is very well known in the industry as being rock solid... and they deliver to us on time.

cheers... nick - mri

K

·
0 Posts
I use Amsoil MCF 10w40 full synthetic oil and PureOne Purolator Filters.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Amsoil MCF 10W-40 w/ OEM filter

K

·
0 Posts
instead of just asking the question, why not make a multiple choice poll?

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
AMSOIL MCF10W-40 with AMSOIL Filter because AMSOIL is the best oil out there in regards to high temperature viscosity protection, best wear protection, due to its additives (high Ca+2 [acid neutralizer]), has excellent protection against oxidation (good storage oil); it has low moly content, so no worries about that clutch slipping because of it; AMSOIL has a high TBN (14+) which means it is better suited towards longer change intervals (not that you would) but that it would maintain its viscosity longer over time.

Subjectively... My bike has never been so smooth as it was running Honda oil in the beginning, then Mobil, now Amsoil.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Is this from INDEPENDENT research that no company gave money to?

I just know that I had a 2004 RR with 28,000 miles on it. It had the SAME compression in the cylinders when it was tested at 2500 and 10,000 miles! The lab that I had a sample sent to said the oil wa still good for about another 2500 miles!!! I put 2000 miles on that oil of decently hard riding. I dunno who the lab was, my bro works for an oil change company and they sometimes have to analyze car oil from a car that has failed and the person is suing. I only paid $50 for the test!! So +111111000111 to Motul!

·
Registered
454 Posts
OEM filter is great to use, I also use the K&N, I would NEVER use a Purolator or those PERMANENT filters.

Stick with what ya know works!!! +1 to Honda +1 to K&n +1 to Motul!

K

·
0 Posts
envirocbr said:
OEM filter is great to use, I also use the K&N, I would NEVER use a Purolator or those PERMANENT filters.

Stick with what ya know works!!! +1 to Honda +1 to K&n +1 to Motul!
I can understand the Permiant filters... but NEVER A PUROLATOR?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts