Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw that the cap on the rear suspension is missing. It must have fallen off while I was riding. Attached is a pic of what I mean. Any idea on the part number to go order one from the dealer?

Thanks Coyote, I stole the pic from your post in the Classifieds.

Attachments

K

·
0 Posts
no Honda part number associated because it's a integrated part of the Shock. Kinda like getting the plunger assembly for the starter relay.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think it would fall under the catergory of bolts/screws/clips. That sucks though.... I'd rather not just leave it open.

K

·
0 Posts
it's important to keep it covered as the gas valve is directly behind it. a loss of shock pressure because a stone or bug got lodged in the valve or simple corrosion at the right time (say you were in a corner) could prove to have very catastrophic results.

you could always tape it up...

K

·
0 Posts
i donno... think of something other than tape... Condom... Balloon... paper and rubber band...

gorilla tape works wonder. getto i know... but it shouldn't have fallen off either...

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
same thing happened on my 1kRR, all i did was put a valve stem cap on it with locktite. i went to the dealer and they said it was part of the shock assembly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts