Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I tried searching but could only find stuff about how to install or how awesome aftermarket brake lines are. Just wondering if they serve a functional purpose or if they just look cool. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
From what I heard or read somewhere that when you apply your brake, the fluid creates pressure inside the rubber tube; hence, making the tube somewhat expands. With the steel braided line, it limits that expansion which gives you greater pressure and you can brake faster and in shorter distance.

Not only that it serves that purpose, but there are cases out there where the rubber line got sliced, cut, or punctured, making it weaker as pressure builds inside the tube.

Don't quote me though, let the others confirm and give their 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
From what I heard or read somewhere that when you apply your brake, the fluid creates pressure inside the rubber tube; hence, making the tube somewhat expands. With the steel braided line, it limits that expansion which gives you greater pressure and you can brake faster and in shorter distance.

Not only that it serves that purpose, but there are cases out there where the rubber line got sliced, cut, or punctured, making it weaker as pressure builds inside the tube.

Don't quote me though, let the others confirm and give their 2 cents.

What he said.....limits expansion under hotter temps and looks good too.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Are they really make that big of a difference? Like the steering damper? Thanks to this thread, I'm now looking into getting one.

Not hijack this thread, but how much are people paying for the Galfer SS line front and back?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
feel is much better
Are they really make that big of a difference? Like the steering damper? Thanks to this thread, I'm now looking into getting one.

Not hijack this thread, but how much are people paying for the Galfer SS line front and back?
I have fronts for sale for 60 shipped in the FS section. New is 80 - 90 I believe. Rear is maybe 30-40. I wouldn't waste my money on the rear though.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts

yes they make a difference. a slightly more difference with better aftermarket brake pads. even more so with aftermarket brake rotors.

·
Registered
327 Posts
There is a Group Buy going on on lines right now, check the GB section.

·
Registered
939 Posts
at the track, after several laps you can get brake fade due to the lines expanding. With SS lines you get much better performance. They are well worth the money..I use HEL.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
yes they make a difference. a slightly more difference with better aftermarket brake pads. even more so with aftermarket brake rotors.
Kool. I have Vesrah front and back pads. I hope it's worth spending and not just my mind tricking me to think that's it's better.

KooL4444 said:
There is a Group Buy going on on lines right now, check the GB section.
Forgot about this. I'll check them out. Thanks!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
Kool. I have Vesrah front and back pads. I hope it's worth spending and not just my mind tricking me to think that's it's better.

Forgot about this. I'll check them out. Thanks!
i run vesrah pads up front.
how and where did you get a vesrah rear pad?

it is worth the spend. i use goodridge sbk tri-lines. alot better than stock, braking and feel wise, thats for sure.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
the steel lines also allow you to feel the feedback from you calipers

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Great feedback guys. Thanks for being so informative.

Good point JJH007. I see why it makes a huge difference now.

I believe I got the Vesrah Pads from Kurveygirl.com. If i remember correctly I got the RJL for $92.60 shipped.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Why are you guys buying steel braided lines for the rear? Or trick brake pads for the rear?
I have a braided SBK Goodridge line for the rear. Everyones riding styles are different. I use my rear brake A LOT, so why not get a braided line? Better braking, more feel, less fade....plus they look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hey all. I tried searching but could only find stuff about how to install or how awesome aftermarket brake lines are. Just wondering if they serve a functional purpose or if they just look cool. Thanks!
Thats wierd, I expected a certian mod to ask you if your search button was on?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts