Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard much talk of the '07 RR...

Bars, Hommez, bike shops, Starbucks, on campus, Costco... man everwhere the word is out on the street. personally, i can't wait that long... i got the 'throttle-itches' :D

you guys now what's the deal on the '07's and if there is any articles or info on them... something way, way, WAYYY, back in my head says I might wait for them. Quite possibly, maybe... hmmm. yeh, thanks holla...

·
Registered
390 Posts
the 06 came out not too long ago, no?

i'm expecting big changes, but at the same time i'm a little worried. I'm a honda kinda guy, i love their bikes, especially the RR. It is the cleanest of all the bikes, and peforms well. I'm just scared they are gonna change it too much and ruin it.

I think that's why the left it for the most part, for 06 .. it was such a good design there was no reason to change it.

we'll see ... if they go to crap, i'll be gettin a ducati

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u know, i agree. Gixxie's n Yami's, WHAT DA PHACK!! i hope Honda doesn't fumble on designs, but u know i kinda trust them. they know what's good and not so good.

we'll just have to wait. if there's any word let me know, peace!

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
I got a good one for you all......

This past weekend my nephew came down from Jersey to buy his Triumph (Speed Four)At Southern Powersports in Chatanooga TN. This place is owned by the same person that owns Southern Honda(where I got my RR).

Anyway I was talking to the salesman about the Daytona 675 and was telling him that I am waiting for the 07 RR to see what changes will be made and then I'll decide on what bike to get.

Heres his answer.... All the stuff your hearing and people are talking about is all hear-say...there will be NO changes in 07 for the RR except new color schemes, thats it.

Now ....heres what I have to say.....there is absalutely no way that Honda is gonna sit back and let every other manufacturer move ahead and make changes and they do nothing. I think that this guy was talkin out his ass, OR, trying to get me to put a deposit down on the Daytona, OR , Both.

I am gonna stick it out and wait till next year, I hav e a feeling we will all be in for a nice surprise from Honda.

·
Registered
110 Posts
for some reason i can see a exhaust like the r6 making its way onto the rr....cant really imagine anything too huge happening other then that..maybe slightly tweaked bodywork, few performance upgrades..but i cant really see anything mind blowing going down... could be wrong though... just my thoughts.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
I actually would be thrilled if they would move to an exuast like whats on the buell's, a complete underbelly exhaust. or something like whats on these ktm concept bikes.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Doubt there is much info. out yet. I am sure Honda does not want to hurt their market now by telling people to wait for something better next year.

Jason

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
Dr.Spank said:

This past weekend my nephew came down from Jersey to buy his Triumph (Speed Four)At Southern Powersports in Chatanooga TN. This place is owned by the same person that owns Southern Honda(where I got my RR).

Anyway I was talking to the salesman about the Daytona 675 and was telling him that I am waiting for the 07 RR to see what changes will be made and then I'll decide on what bike to get.

Heres his answer.... All the stuff your hearing and people are talking about is all hear-say...there will be NO changes in 07 for the RR except new color schemes, thats it.

Now ....heres what I have to say.....there is absalutely no way that Honda is gonna sit back and let every other manufacturer move ahead and make changes and they do nothing. I think that this guy was talkin out his ass, OR, trying to get me to put a deposit down on the Daytona, OR , Both.

I am gonna stick it out and wait till next year, I hav e a feeling we will all be in for a nice surprise from Honda.

yeah uh that guy has no clue. why on earth would Honda let themselves get passed up by EVERYONE for another year and break their 4-year cycles on EVERY bike they have ever had???

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dr.Spank said:

word to the wise, most salesmen, and i said "MOST" have no clue what bikes are coming out until they get the brochure. i walked into my local shop last year and asked about the "new" R6 and they advised the same thing..."nah, it's not changing, some new paint, that's it"...DOH!!!

i expect honda to answer the call. however, look at the RR in the FX class, it's right up there with the new bikes. It's not being blown away by any stretch. i see changes like weight to power, slipper "type" clutch...lol, a true 17.5 redline, radial brakes/ mc with cup instead of the piece of ish rectangle box, new exhaust/ swing arm/ bodywork. we'll see. bottom line, i'm buying one if they don't booger it up like the gixxer!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Salesman or Joe Schmoe, anyone talking about what's in store for '07 is just blowin smoke up your butt. Sure, Honda has a pretty predictable pattern they will PROBABLY follow, but you never know.

What I find funny is all the "I'm looking for a bike, buy one now or wait for the '07?" That translates to "I only care about hanging out and letting people see my latest/greatest, not riding. What to do?" I can't imagine anyone who actually rides being willing to go bikeless for the next six months or more just because they're afraid that what they bought isn't gonna be the "it" bike to have.

·
Registered
147 Posts
bishopm14 said:
Salesman or Joe Schmoe, anyone talking about what's in store for '07 is just blowin smoke up your butt. Sure, Honda has a pretty predictable pattern they will PROBABLY follow, but you never know.

What I find funny is all the "I'm looking for a bike, buy one now or wait for the '07?" That translates to "I only care about hanging out and letting people see my latest/greatest, not riding. What to do?" I can't imagine anyone who actually rides being willing to go bikeless for the next six months or more just because they're afraid that what they bought isn't gonna be the "it" bike to have.
SO true! I can't stand having my bike gone for a week for repairs let alone not having one for 6 months. I sold my 99 F4 in 02 cuz I promised my wife I would when we got married... Got rid of the wife this last may and and had a "new" bike 2 weeks later.. :)

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
xCOOCOOKALx said:
Screw the '07, I'm waiting for the 2010!!!!

Yea my dealer told me that 2010 would be the year that they started using flux capcitors. I can't wait...i just worry if ya know the whole being able to produce 1.21 jiggawatts will turn it into the "New" squid machine....oh me i guess i'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Stratispho said:
SO true! I can't stand having my bike gone for a week for repairs let alone not having one for 6 months. I sold my 99 F4 in 02 cuz I promised my wife I would when we got married... Got rid of the wife this last may and and had a "new" bike 2 weeks later.. :)
how much did you get for the wife?? did u get a deal?

trade-in???

·
silent master
3,532 Posts
print screen that **** and hook us up on the 8th!!

haha, anyone remember this statement?? hint...this forum was plagued by this statement july-august of 2004.

i have a feeling that this forum will be plagued by this statement once more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts