Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
Hard to tell from that generic pic. Take a pic of the missing part and how it connects as well as the other side that is still there so we can see the actual part.

My best guess is #33....

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's these rubber 'protectors.' Not sure what they are supposed to protect.

They are just glued which dries out over time. I just throw them away when the become detached as they don't really seem to do anything.

RUBBER, R. MIDDLE COWL

64330-MFJ-A40

RUBBER, L. MIDDLE COWL

64380-MFJ-A40
Thanks - unfortunately those depictions indeed don’t really stand out suggesting that’s the part I’m looking for. :D But just to be 100% sure - when it falls off for you, your bike looks like this too?
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Functionality-wise, I know that the one on the left side should be covering most of the electronics/cables related to the ABS system on mine.

· Registered
827 Posts
Yes that's what it looks like. I've never had an ABS 600RR so didn't realize it covered anything.

These things are not just thin black plastic. They are fairly thick rubber. The side that meets the fairings tucks under and is sticky and just glues onto the underside of the fairing piece.

They fall off routinely after fairings are removed a couple times.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes that's what it looks like. I've never had an ABS 600RR so didn't realize it covered anything.

These things are not just thin black plastic. They are fairly thick rubber. The side that meets the fairings tucks under and is sticky and just glues onto the underside of the fairing piece.

They fall off routinely after fairings are removed a couple times.
Top - thanks for the help! Also @NewRedRider for the site!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts