Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm in Brooklyn visiting some for a wedding...

And it's the 4th of July today...

and I'd just like to say that the sport bike crowd here is just silly.

Chrome half helmets? Chrome half helmets strapped to the back so they can switch from their full face when they get to where they're going?

I was crossing the street and some tool popped like 3 or 4 like wheelies that came up like 6 inches off the ground before he came to a stop. Supa' cool.

I don't know, might just be cuz it's a holiday--but for some reason, all the sport bikers out here seem to be really into the "I ride a bike so i'm a badass" mentality.

I need to go back to California.

P.S. The half helmets don't even LOOK cool with a sport bike. It's a SPORT bike, wear something sporty lookin.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
i agree... we have some tools around here that think it's cool to wear their half-helmet, shades, and a bandana across the mouth. real Ruff Ryders, ya know!?! lol. whenever i see them i just laugh to myself and give them a shoulder shrug (like saying "WHY?")

i hate to say it, but they are everywhere!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
here in jville,nc its about the same mentality. there are a group of riders who call themselves Ruff Ryders. they have this one girl in their group that rides a crappy-ass looking pink P.O.S bike that is about 15 years old. she wears a half helmet and walks around like the is the coolest thing in the world. LAME!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I dont care if they are nationwide or not. I think its the lamest s**t I've ever seen. But then again, its my own personal opinion.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
it is lame, they just hang out at a gas station all night around here. they wanted me to join their cub once and told me that i had to pay $150 to join and that there were also annual fees. when i asked what the fee was for i was told that it is for a big patch for my jacket and a chrome decal for my car window.

then i asked what they do when they meet. he told me that they pretty much just hang out and go to myrtle beach and cook out or wherever. i asked if they did any track days together or anything and the guy looked at me like i was crazy and said no. needless to say i blew him off pretty damn fast. im not about to pay people so i can hang out with them. the ones here are a bunch of squids anyways, always stunting on the streets and posing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts