Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 and I need to run non ethanol 91 or higher, but the only gas station in my entire city that has it is about to stop providing it. I can still find 87 pure pretty easily though, so question is, what's worse: running 91+ with ethanol in it, or running 87 without ethanol in it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the Shells here have ethanol in the gas. And my bike can tolerate ethanol, but it's bad for the parts and can cause early failure...that's coming straight from Hondas mouth. And no my bike doesn't detonate with 87, and it wouldn't detonate if I rubbed dog **** all over her either but that doesn't mean I should do it.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
How about using 89 Octane used it for years in every RR I had no issues what so ever

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
my bike doesn't detonate with 87, and it wouldn't detonate if I rubbed dog **** all over her either but that doesn't mean I should do it.
If you understood the physics involved you'd have a different opinion on 87 octane gas. Apparently you don't though, so keep flinging dog **** opinions.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you understood the physics involved you'd have a different opinion on 87 octane gas. Apparently you don't though, so keep flinging dog **** opinions.
enlighten me. all I know is that my manual calls for 91 or above, so do tell how 87 is acceptable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts